Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What does it take to put a P4 ROPS on a P2?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know for a fact, but I'm guessing 10 minutes and 8 or so bolts. Ought to be a direct bolt on. Plus what ever Honda wants for the rear portion of the p4 cage. So I think I know what you're thinking here, spare tire mount? Soft camper shell?

H

HondaTech

The center cage doesn't have the mount for the horizontal bars that make up the rear cage. The bolt holes are in the rear of the frame under the bed, but you'd have to buy the center cage, where the seat and headrest bolt too. Plus all the extra bolts and nuts.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The center cage doesn't have the mount for the horizontal bars that make up the rear cage. The bolt holes are in the rear of the frame under the bed, but you'd have to buy the center cage, where the seat and headrest bolt too. Plus all the extra bolts and nuts.
Sounds like most things, it's possible, just how much money are you willing to spend?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm thinking someone didn't like the rear cage and took it off. I can purchase one pretty cheap.
I plan to modify it so the mounting attachment could be handled much like Tflynn.

It's a thought.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!