P500 P500 2" Bracket Lift

T

Texas_Newfie

Apr 5, 2017
Katy Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Hey All,

A guy on the P500 "Honda Pioneer 500 Riders" facebook group is making and selling a 2" bracket lift. Total cost delivered (front and rear) total is $100.

I'm sure curious about the lift. The fronts look ok (not super beefy), but some of the tolerances (especially in the rear bracket) have me concerned. They're only $100 delivered so I might order and see what I get...

Anybody have any thoughts, opinions or other options for lifts they're aware of? Or does someone here have a shop they could cut these with tighter tolerances?

Pics attached.

Front 1

Front 6

Front 2

Front 3

Front 4

Front 5

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Texas_Newfie
I would not be too concerned with the rear bracket.
It is one cut file made to be universal on the each side of the shock.
It reflects the Highlifter kit for the 1000's.
It does look sketchy, but I got over it quickly.
The PITA with his will probably be longer hardware and proper spacers.

T

Texas_Newfie

Apr 5, 2017
Katy Texas
Ownership

1. 500
@Texas_Newfie
I would not be too concerned with the rear bracket.
It is one cut file made to be universal on the each side of the shock.
It reflects the Highlifter kit for the 1000's.
It does look sketchy, but I got over it quickly.
The PITA with his will probably be longer hardware and proper spacers.

According to his post history, he says all spacers/bushings included in the "kit". Not sure about the bolts.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to his post history, he says all spacers/bushings included in the "kit". Not sure about the bolts.
That clears up the headache then. I am not a member of that particular group.

T

Texas_Newfie

Apr 5, 2017
Katy Texas
Ownership

1. 500
My concern would be the fact that the shocks would be dang near vertical. This will reduce travel and give a harsher/stiffer ride.

I saw Mr. Appalachian post saying he may do a video. Wonder how the Walker Evans handle it?

Yes, going vertical is definitely not too desirable in these already low travel, stiff ride buggies haha

T

Texas_Newfie

Apr 5, 2017
Katy Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Well... I went ahead and bought a set. Figured worth the gamble for a $100 cheap lift. Ill create a thread once I get and install them to let everyone know if they are worthwhile or total junk.

I might just end up using it as a rough template to cut my own and modify areas I don't particularly like.

advertisement
T

Texas_Newfie

Apr 5, 2017
Katy Texas
Ownership

1. 500
What's the site address to purchase them?

Thanks - SXSHP500CO

He's just a guy selling them on the "Honda Pioneer 500 Riders" facebook page. He's got what looks like a CNC plasma cutter and is churning them out $100 painted and delivered (with all hardware). Kason Braswell is his name.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can't seem to find the pioneer 500 page. You sure that's the right name?
Don't know if this will work for you...
Honda Pioneer 500 Riders

Haven't paid a ton of attention since its not something I'm interested in, but I've seen a few on FB saying they had bought these but have not received the lift after weeks. Guy was on defending himself and basically said he was just totally overwhelmed by demand and was trying to fill the orders. So don't expect to get one real soon...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!