P500 in mud. Now won’t crank

J

Jbrazell85

Apr 26, 2021
Lugoff, SC
Ownership

1. 500
My son went through a mud hole and it was deeper than expected. Drained everything. Changed oil not milky. Just won’t crank. It will crank with ether then shut off. Any suggestions on how to rectify this.
Thanks everyone.

Reactions: TxDoc
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Check your air filter

J

Jbrazell85

Apr 26, 2021
Lugoff, SC
Ownership

1. 500
Took air filter out. To crank with ether and turns over . Help help help 😢

Reactions: J80
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Water in the gas

J

Jbrazell85

Apr 26, 2021
Lugoff, SC
Ownership

1. 500
Flushed gas and added new gas and still nothing but will crank with ether. Should I put the air filter back on it and try. Does the gas cap need to stay on or leave off when cranking.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Check all you electrical connections for water ?

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Was there water in the fuel if so I would check fuel filter, lines, and injector.

J

Jbrazell85

Apr 26, 2021
Lugoff, SC
Ownership

1. 500
We are new to this so I don’t know how to get to the fuel injectors. Everything is so tight

advertisement
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry can't help you on the injector not had to do that. You may need to get a shop manual.
P.s. If you become a supporting member you can download the manual from the supporting member forum.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
put new spark plugs in it

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your snorkel could be filled with water. Check the low point.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Put stabilizer in the gas Check the air intake tube Put a new air filter if it is wet.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Ass-u-me by crank with either sprayed into ( CARB ) with air filter Off - you mean runs short burst is that Correct??
If YES a place to Start.

1- It's Fuel Injected NO carb
2- Starter turns over & fires with either -- Points to lack of Fuel

When you turn the key on do you hear the Fuel Pump running for a few seconds?
How was the gas drained -- any water or mud dis color?
Check gas tank Vent Tube & then Fuel Pump ( its in the gas tank along with fuel filter )
Could hang a auxiliary fuel supply & gravity feed test. 1st.

If it went in DEEP Mud& Water
Check ALL::
VENTS -- be sure not Plugged & raise them ALL ( along with Air Intake )
ANY THING with a Rubber Boot -- Axles -- Steering Rack
Ft. & Rear Diff Oil ( Change Both )
Dialect Grease on ALL Electrical Connections

Search the Forum for info on ALL of the above YOUR NOT THE 1st.

Reactions: TripleB
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Slap the kid upside the head would be the first thing I'd do. Don't know how many of these I've read where the kid takes it for a ride and does something stupid. Either that or they're just blaming it on the kids. Drain the fuel, replace the plug, check the air box and replace the filter...fire it up and run it for a good spell.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I took mine underwater several weeks ago and flooded the intake, gas tank and everything. The fuel line from the tank to the throttle body fuel injector is about 3 or 4 feet long and even after draining the tank completely, then drying it out with rags on mechanical fingers until the bottom of the tank was completely dry, after adding good gas I still pumped out water through the pump and fuel lines with the next quart of gas. Once you disconnect the fuel line from the throttle body you can turn the key to the on (not start) position and the fuel pump will run for about five or six seconds. Do this and catch the gas in a container until their is no water coming out, the water will collect at the lowest point of the container.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I took mine underwater several weeks ago and flooded the intake, gas tank and everything. The fuel line from the tank to the throttle body fuel injector is about 3 or 4 feet long and even after draining the tank completely, then drying it out with rags on mechanical fingers until the bottom of the tank was completely dry, after adding good gas I still pumped out water through the pump and fuel lines with the next quart of gas. Once you disconnect the fuel line from the throttle body you can turn the key to the on (not start) position and the fuel pump will run for about five or six seconds. Do this and catch the gas in a container until their is no water coming out, the water will collect at the lowest point of the container.
This is great advice for cleaning the line.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!