P500 P500 Light Bar

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
Want to put a 12 or 20 inch Rough Country light bar on front of my P500. I have a stock bumper so mounting options are limited. Anyone done this successfully and if so what mounts did you use? Did a search on forum and browser but very little info out there. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Husker1
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Want to put a 12 or 20 inch Rough Country light bar on front of my P500. I have a stock bumper so mounting options are limited. Anyone done this successfully and if so what mounts did you use? Did a search on forum and browser but very little info out there. Thanks!

Picture is a bit fuzzy here is one answer to your quest!!!
Clamps are left over from mounting rear view mirrors and with some big radiator hose to adjust the ID. Light is a $30 ish dollar one off of Amazon.

WB

Img 2126 jpg

Reactions: Bastardchild
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve got a 12” auxlight bar but haven’t got it mounted yet. Will do a write up when I do. Either use ubolts or bolt through the bar up front.

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the fast replies. The RC light bar has 8mm bolts and all tube mounts on Ebay and Amazon are threaded for 10mm mounting bolts. The RC uses a unique design for base mounts so changing out the base bolt would not be possible...i think.

Reactions: WillyBill
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Thanks for the fast replies. The RC light bar has 8mm bolts and all tube mounts on Ebay and Amazon are threaded for 10mm mounting bolts. The RC uses a unique design for base mounts so changing out the base bolt would not be possible...i think.

IMHO - light bars work best "under" your field of vision. Overhead mounted are in harms way in the woods and cause a glare - especially when brush is close.

WB

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
IMHO - light bars work best "under" your field of vision. Overhead mounted are in harms way in the woods and cause a glare - especially when brush is close.

WB

I want to mount it on front. Do not want it above me on roof. Travel through too many branches and vines. It wouldn’t last long.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Here is the light I added to the front of my machine. It’s one from eBay right around $30 if I remember correctly and it the 12” model with combo flood and spot lights. Not sure how the RC mounts but this one has mounts that connect on the back side in adjustable slots not by the ends like some other I have seen. This makes for a cleaner easier installation in my opinion. I have had a few of these lights on different machines and they work great no problems at all. I had an 18” model but it was too wide for the P5 front grill and looked funny. I think the 12” model fits best in this position. For mounting I gust drilled two holes in the tube below the grill.

EDD2B2EB 99AB 4B97 B7D3 2E52C161885D

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
Here is the light I added to the front of my machine. It’s one from eBay right around $30 if I remember correctly and it the 12” model with combo flood and spot lights. Not sure how the RC mounts but this one has mounts that connect on the back side in adjustable slots not by the ends like some other I have seen. This makes for a cleaner easier installation in my opinion. I have had a few of these lights on different machines and they work great no problems at all. I had an 18” model but it was too wide for the P5 front grill and looked funny. I think the 12” model fits best in this position. For mounting I gust drilled two holes in the tube below the grill.

View attachment 104405

Thanks for the info. Does the bar have the clearance to fit a 20 if I choose to go with the larger one? I am also concerned about the length of the mounting bolts on the RC. From the looks, it seems they are not long enough to go through the tubing. If thats the case I would either have to find adjustable tube mounts that would fit or mount a fabricated plate to tubing that the light could be mounted on.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info. Does the bar have the clearance to fit a 20 if I choose to go with the larger one? I am also concerned about the length of the mounting bolts on the RC. From the looks, it seems they are not long enough to go through the tubing. If thats the case I would either have to find adjustable tube mounts that would fit or mount a fabricated plate to tubing that the light could be mounted on.

The 20” would fit but it would be a lot wider than the front bumper and I feel the 12” is protected better. If you are concerned about the light output the 20”will be brighter but in my opinion the 12” puts out plenty of light. I had to replace the mounting bolts on my light with longer bolts to reach through the tubes. Im not familiar with the RC lights do you have a picture or a link to the ones you are interested in?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 104405
That’s exactly how I was going to mount one on my p5.

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
The 20” would fit but it would be a lot wider than the front bumper and I feel the 12” is protected better. If you are concerned about the light output the 20”will be brighter but in my opinion the 12” puts out plenty of light. I had to replace the mounting bolts on my light with longer bolts to reach through the tubes. Im not familiar with the RC lights do you have a picture or a link to the ones you are interested in?

IMG 5918
IMG 5919

First pic is the complete base mount.

Second pic is the assembly. You can see the mounting bolt has a head that allows the pivoting bolt to go through mounting bolt.

I may just go with another brand if its going to be complicated.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 104520View attachment 104521

First pic is the complete base mount.

Second pic is the assembly. You can see the mounting bolt has a head that allows the pivoting bolt to go through mounting bolt.

I may just go with another brand if its going to be complicated.

That is a good looking light and mount but the fact that it does not use a standard bolt for mounting will make it harder to customize. In my opinion the light on eBay have an easier mount to modify if needed. If I remember correctly they just used a standard bolt that I was able to replace with one of the correct length. If I get near my machine later this week I will try to get better pictures.

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
That is a good looking light and mount but the fact that it does not use a standard bolt for mounting will make it harder to customize. In my opinion the light on eBay have an easier mount to modify if needed. If I remember correctly they just used a standard bolt that I was able to replace with one of the correct length. If I get near my machine later this week I will try to get better pictures.

Thanks! I may just go with a Auxbeam or Nilight off Amazon. They are cheaper and have good reviews. Definitely would be easier to mount.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
natewheeldrive

natewheeldrive

May 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I found some thin roll bar clamps on amazon. I mounted a 9!inch light on the bar that goes in front of the grille. Ill look for a link. No drilling required 51ecbaf315fabca8fe6cc2b4cbf89c36

natewheeldrive

natewheeldrive

May 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 500
The the clamps that are more thin. Are the ones I used on the front and the thicker clamps were ysed on the rear lights. I like the thinner ones better. Use loctute on the threads43936c1012818a21b2b984788597ccb6857e9f4edfe1fbffe1e09cc51e925bd6

H

Hornstar

Nov 14, 2018
Gulf Coast
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info. I read mixed reviews on many of the tube mounts. I’ll give them a try.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’m looking at getting the 15” light bar from walmart and mounting it in the front of the grill between the frame tubes that come down. Check out Appalachian Mountain rider YouTube video on it. It’s looks good and plenty bright. I want to mount the same on the rear of the machine some how also but haven’t gotten that far. I haven’t even purchased my light yet there’s a ton of options of leds at different price points. I want the brightest and most cost efficient one. Like you I’ve searched and to my surprise there really isn’t much talk on here of LEDs on the P5.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!