P500 P500 one year review - Service cost totals

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I totaled up all of my service fees after owning my P500 for one full year. I didn't include routine maintenance such as oil changes and spark plug. After one year and 750 miles, my total service fees added up to...

$0.00

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Since October 2014, only trip back to dealership was for warrenty shocks (at no cost to me). They wouldn't allow me to put them on, soon as I got it home I pulled them and disassembled to add spacers. As for broken parts, wife got excited and yanked the reverse lever out of the dash, so I adjusted the cable to not need it. One of the best mods I've done to it. Twisted a rear cv boot bought parts not changed as it not needed yet.

Iirc just over 3500 Kms of abuse and it's running Honda awesome, love this little rig!

j

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Since October 2014, only trip back to dealership was for warrenty shocks (at no cost to me). They wouldn't allow me to put them on, soon as I got it home I pulled them and disassembled to add spacers. As for broken parts, wife got excited and yanked the reverse lever out of the dash, so I adjusted the cable to not need it. One of the best mods I've done to it. Twisted a rear cv boot bought parts not changed as it not needed yet.

Iirc just over 3500 Kms of abuse and it's running Honda awesome, love this little rig!

j

Thats funny, because my wife screwed up my reverse lever too. I guess having a wife that likes to yank on things could have its upside.:rolleyes: After one year, the only thing I am out, is a new nut and bolt to replace the one that broke when removing the battery cover. I guess I will keep them both (the wife and the P500) around for a while.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

j

HAHA
rub it in.....
you got few...
replacement shocks....

Reactions: JCart
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thats funny, because my wife screwed up my reverse lever too. I guess having a wife that likes to yank on things could have its upside.:rolleyes: After one year, the only thing I am out, is a new nut and bolt to replace the one that broke when removing the battery cover. I guess I will keep them both (the wife and the P500) around for a while.

Too funny about the yankin... I've wanted to sort a way to cover the dash opening as wind roars in and it's been too cold for Gorilla tape to stick. I don't figure to ever replace the handle as the adjusted cable mod works awesome. I can't see getting rid of the P5 anytime soon, as for wife, total keeper!

J

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I bent a rim today... I should have knocked on wood after posting this. :(

Dang, I pinched a slow leak in mine (side wall only) when I was gockin' and not paying attention. Hit a big rock passenger side front, luck didn't crack or bend rim.

Can you pound out the dint? Or is it time for new rims... heh heh.

j

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Dang, I pinched a slow leak in mine (side wall only) when I was gockin' and not paying attention. Hit a big rock passenger side front, luck didn't crack or bend rim.

Can you pound out the dint? Or is it time for new rims... heh heh.

j
I think I'm going to leave it since its not leaking air and it drives okay. I'm also going to try to use this to pitch new wheels and tires to the wife too!

Reactions: rocmar
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I think I'm going to leave it since its not leaking air and it drives okay. I'm also going to try to use this to pitch new wheels and tires to the wife too!

Yup... safety first Piston, wouldn't wanna be way out in the weeds and have that rim fail, causing a catastrophic roll over at speed. Best if you got some new 5-2 off set wheels with 26" by 11 by 12 radials, like the Kenda HTR as the stance will be then wider, better handling and WAY safer. Heh heh, used that tactic (safety) with my dolly for mods to my powerstroke pickups.... she'd just play along though, cause she actually like more horsepower. Bahahaha. Good luck. BTW, I've reshaped rims with a ball peen hammer and a block of wood too...
j

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I totaled up all of my service fees after owning my P500 for one full year. I didn't include routine maintenance such as oil changes and spark plug. After one year and 750 miles, my total service fees added up to...

$0.00

Ok. Pls tell me why we change a sparkplug at 800 miles. Is it burned out? I have honda quads with 1,200 and 3,000 miles with the original plugs. I carry spares but have never had to swap one out. What am I missing here? Thanx
Al

D

Deleted member 3748

Ok. Pls tell me why we change a sparkplug at 800 miles. Is it burned out? I have honda quads with 1,200 and 3,000 miles with the original plugs. I carry spares but have never had to swap one out. What am I missing here? Thanx
Al
I change plugs as a part of all routine maintenance. It's only a couple of bucks and the one I removed goes in the trail kit as my spare.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Al
Don't believe you're missing anything. I have the original plug in my 09 Polaris with 5K miles on it. My trucks go over 100K without changing plugs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!