Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a sweet truck! I bought my grandpa's 68 Impala from an auction and drove it for over a decade, but recently had to sell it because we moved and it wouldn't fit in our new garage.

I ran into the same problem a while back with storage. I decided to sell a boat, three utility trailers and a truck so I can hang on to this one. If I can ever dedicate some time to it, I will replace the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket see if I could get the a.m. radio working.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It is pretty amazing that those plugs went that long. I would be interested to see what the plug gap is. Now I would just like to see how far can theY go!

I may be a fairly young guy compared to some guys on here but I do have a 67 Ford and had original spark plugs, points,and rotor until 2012. I drove that truck Northwest Arkansas down to North Alabama with original equipment still in it. But I guess that really doesn't count because it's only got 44,000 miles.
He ain't change um...
Cause there froze in place
Haha

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
He ain't change um...
Cause there froze in place
Haha

I've had to pull cylinder heads before just remove the broken spark plugs. That really sucks!

Reactions: rocmar
D

Deleted member 3748

I ran into the same problem a while back with storage. I decided to sell a boat, three utility trailers and a truck so I can hang on to this one. If I can ever dedicate some time to it, I will replace the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket see if I could get the a.m. radio working.
I did some stuff to the Impala. It had the 275 hp 327 and I added dual exhaust, electronic ignition and a Holley Street Demon carb. Plus 15x8 Corvette rally wheels all the way around. I basically removed grandpa from the Impala. :)

This is when I bought it
Impala13

This is later
IMG 0971

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sweet! I bet that thing would burn the tires for days.

D

Deleted member 3748

Sweet! I bet that thing would burn the tires for days.
It was okay, it needed a rear gear change. I'm a Ford guy to the core so I had a hard time throwing a lot of myself into that car. If grandpa had a Galaxy it would be a different story.

Reactions: joeymt33
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Canton, down by Westland.
I'm sure the gap on these plugs is huge. Can't be totally burned off yet, it doesn't miss at all.
Gap..for plug
....would be in manul?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!