P500 P500 or RZR570

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I had the 50" Walker Evans RZR and will say it was a more comfortable ride due in large part to the seats and the spring/shock package. As far as trail riding (which is mostly done here) I will say I believe the 500 is more nimble and has the shorter turning radius. The only time power is an issue for me is steeper long strip mining roads. I will say it doesn't run out of power but you need to learn the gearing. The main reason I went to the P5 was the maintenance on the RZR...as someone stated...with the RZR I had to grease every weak or suffer the noise....and greasing that U-joint under the seat wasn't fun. I will say the only thing I wish they had for this was a shock/spring package...I will say having a dry seat after a creek crossing helps with this machine too-LOL

Reactions: jak9922 and p500fan
S

squiril

Dec 22, 2015
I'm basicly in the same boat as you. torn between the p500 and the rzr 570. leaning hard towards the honda though. This thread is very helpful to me. I'm selling my brute force 750i and going to a sxs since we now a have a 1 year old. Anybody thats rode a brute 750 knows im going to be missing the power, but im looking for a reliable trail machine I can load sideways on the trialer and follow my wife on her kingquad.

Reactions: Plumber32
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I will say this, I have ridden a few miles in a RZR, and they do have a very forgiving ride. Their shocks soak up small bumps, and there is a better "feel" at high speeds. However, at lower speeds, I could not see as much difference. The RZR is a sport machine. I expect it to have better high speed handling. If that is what you want, by all means, go with the RZR. I was looking at a hunting/general riding rig to run mountain trails @ <20mph. I wanted groundspeed control and engine braking, and I was limited to a narrow (ATV-sized) machine. The P500 met all these requirements, and then some.

I also looked pretty hard at the RZR for hunting after using a buddy's. When all suited up for hunting, the P500 is much easier to get in and out of. Just don't need the speed on the mountain trails.

Reactions: SBuckJ
S

squiril

Dec 22, 2015
I also looked pretty hard at the RZR for hunting after using a buddy's. When all suited up for hunting, the P500 is much easier to get in and out of. Just don't need the speed on the mountain trails.

S

squiril

Dec 22, 2015
So, this thread has not been touchedin a while. Well for what its worth, the razor still calls my name in power and suspension. However we have decided on the pioneer. My wife and and duaghter had their heart set on the pioneer almost imediatly. Took me a few days to decide. Picking up the blue pioneer 500 sat feb 27...... after a test drive... dont expect to be disappionted. lol... looking into roof and windshield. superatv make a windshield. anybody try one yet???

Reactions: 500oneer and SBuckJ
P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
Looking at the 500 also. Only thing I don't like is it has no bed. Plan to use mostly for hunting and riding on deer lease. Trying to decide if o want the 500 or just go with a 700.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Buy both!!!

The only thing I liked about the 570 was the seats. I was out a few weeks ago and a couple in a red 570 parked next to me. The husband said he looked at the P500 but went with the 570 because he could get in and out easier. He had some knee, or maybe back, issues and even modded the back of the Rzr seat with foam, I'll admit the P500 cab is tight

When all suited up for hunting in cold weather I found the P500 much easier to get in and out. That was a big selling point for me.

Reactions: miano248
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looking at the 500 also. Only thing I don't like is it has no bed. Plan to use mostly for hunting and riding on deer lease. Trying to decide if o want the 500 or just go with a 700.
Customize your own rear deck, it's fun, will be unique to you and more specifically will answer to your needs.

Last edited:
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
Customize your own rear deck, it's fun, will be unique to you and more specifically will answer to your needs.
i agree as I said in an earlier post the beauty of the p500 its a blank canvas for just about anything if you look a lot of guys did awesome jobs on there beds to suit there needs

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i agree as I said in an earlier post the beauty of the p500 its a blank canvas for just about anything if you look a lot of guys did awesome jobs on there beds to suit there needs
As you did with your impressive build!

Reactions: miano248
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
So, this thread has not been touchedin a while. Well for what its worth, the razor still calls my name in power and suspension. However we have decided on the pioneer. My wife and and duaghter had their heart set on the pioneer almost imediatly. Took me a few days to decide. Picking up the blue pioneer 500 sat feb 27...... after a test drive... dont expect to be disappionted. lol... looking into roof and windshield. superatv make a windshield. anybody try one yet???
Enjoy your p500 I'm sure you will like the rest of us. I can tell you that I have had sooo much fun on this thing it climbs like a goat and can work like a tractor. I got the winch hooked up and tested on a huge tree I pulled that tree No problems I could not believe what it would pull. That was pulling in reverse I should video it sometime I thought my foreman was a work horse this thing has torque that doesn't quit. I have also scared my self flying back trails it is a lot of fun and the gearing makes it that much better. It is built tough and with honda reliability I will have this 20-30 years from now easy.

S

squiril

Dec 22, 2015
yep. this thing is a blast. As far as the test drive.... I was hooked before 3rd gear lol! Love going through the gears.Trying to get used to shifting again. the paddle shifters a cool but im so used to a mechanical shifter and feeling the transmission go into gear. It worked out perfect though, we got about 12 inches of heavy wet snow 2 days before we picked ours up. So we put two hours on it the first day we had it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!