P500 P500 Pooting or Backfireing?

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Good deal Max.....happy to hear it was nothing serious.
Happy Trails.
Thanks guys it was a crazy thing to figure out. When i took the plug out it had a little nick right on the edge so I got a new one and set the gap.Then I checked the old one and it was .008 off.Made a world of difference.The motor did'nt run that bad but that little poof drove me crazy.

J

JTW

We know where your mind is, don't we. :D
Yup!!

J

Jshell3

Where I live, it seems like everyone sells this stuff for ethanol treatment. All the motorcycle/powersports dealers, etc. When I bought my (junk) mower a few years ago, the dealer told me to always use this.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Enzyme-Treatment-Additive/dp/B00EZSPU3U?tag=sxsweb24-20

I can buy the non ethanol gas around here, but I don't anymore. Newer fuel injected vehicles like the P500 are designed to handle 10% ethanol in the gas, so I don't worry about it. And if my weedeater croaks from the ethanol, I'll buy an electric one. haha
Purchased one to try out in my lawnmower. Thanks.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!