• Start date
Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Just down choke it down at all. Maintain at least 2" of air flow and it'll be good to go.
Yeah trigger I'm hoping oem tube is 2 " I'll cut it off at the fender and )0 up from there. Hopefully it will work long as I'm staying with same as original size.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Excellent details! Would make a great You Tube video. Need you to take a job writing instructions/consulting for some of the aftermarket stuff. (EZ steer...are you listening?). LOL

D

Deleted member 3748

Excellent details! Would make a great You Tube video. Need you to take a job writing instructions/consulting for some of the aftermarket stuff. (EZ steer...are you listening?). LOL
Thanks! Haha. I used to write 100+ page documents for HP so the field technicians could build server farms for customers.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@PistonHonda , Check out the rodent guard or insect screens for 2 inch to keep leaves or stuff out for a finished look.
https://www.amazon.com/PVC-Vent-Screen-Insects-PVS-IS2/dp/B00O3A7ARY?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/PVC-Vent-Screen-Rodents-PVS-RS2/dp/B00O3A7FI8?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-42141-Flying-Insect-Screen/dp/B00192JFBI?tag=sxsweb24-20

D4DEA055 B6D4 4A07 9291 291669BD6D23 6288C9B1 3CD8 4B92 9F06 8B4291C9E15E 39041ED9 8FC1 4C3D 91C0 4469DBF3BE37

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

@PistonHonda , Check out the rodent guard or insect screens for 2 inch to keep leaves or stuff out for a finished look.
Those look pretty sweet! I need the extra filtering of the prechargers because my airbox is a dirty mess

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Those look pretty sweet! I need the extra filtering of the prechargers because my airbox is a dirty mess
OK, did your fine snorkel job cut down on the intake noise?? I just installed Triggers noise/heat insulator which really cut the engine noise, but wow, now I can really hear the little P5 suckin air. Sure would be nice if I could cut back on the intake noise!

D

Deleted member 3748

OK, did your fine snorkel job cut down on the intake noise?? I just installed Triggers noise/heat insulator which really cut the engine noise, but wow, now I can really hear the little P5 suckin air. Sure would be nice if I could cut back on the intake noise!
The snorkels were very loud when I put the rear panel on so I cut holes in the rear panel shop the ends would be outside. If I still had the 500 I was considering adding a larger chamber in the snorkel to capture the noise. A bigger piece of PVC pipe in line that would look and act like a muffler.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
The snorkels were very loud when I put the rear panel on so I cut holes in the rear panel shop the ends would be outside. If I still had the 500 I was considering adding a larger chamber in the snorkel to capture the noise. A bigger piece of PVC pipe in line that would look and act like a muffler.
Thank you! Been looking to try that. If I do, I will post pics. Thanks again!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That's the best review I could ask for as far as noise reduction, thanks Gordo! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!