P500 vs foreman 500

F

Fixerfukeruper

Jun 21, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
So im looking to tear into my p500 i love the bike but making things do what they weren't intended to do is kinda my hobby lol. As far as performance parts the p500 has a very limited market imo. I was wondering if a foreman 500 gear reduction 45 or 65% would be compatible with the p500 everyone says they're the same motor but does anyone know that for certain? Because if that is the case ill also be looking to put a big bore kit on her aswell as a front dif locker. Nothing brings me more pleasure than driving around in a mini bull dozer 😂

Reactions: Mbradley42
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The gear reduction will work, the bottom ends are the same.

The only BBK available for the P5/Foreman is from a place out of Louisiana, think it was 575cc, a former member put one in his, seemed to work well if I remember. At that time they had 1 more kit with no plans to build more.

The other option is to get a cyl & piston for the P520, increasing from 475cc to 518cc but it requires a lot of grinding on the cases to fit. I did this swap on mine over the winter. Ended up splitting the cases, gutting them then reassembling the cases to grind to fit.
20201211 172719

F

Fixerfukeruper

Jun 21, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The gear reduction will work, the bottom ends are the same.

The only BBK available for the P5/Foreman is from a place out of Louisiana, think it was 575cc, a former member put one in his, seemed to work well if I remember. At that time they had 1 more kit with no plans to build more.

The other option is to get a cyl & piston for the P520, increasing from 475cc to 518cc but it requires a lot of grinding on the cases to fit. I did this swap on mine over the winter. Ended up splitting the cases, gutting them then reassembling the cases to grind to fit.
View attachment 279894
Ahh i see im assuming the gringing takes place where the sleeve recesses into the lower case?

Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Ahh i see im assuming the gringing takes place where the sleeve recesses into the lower case?
Yes sir, the bore in the cases has to increase by 2mm. I'm sure a machine shop could do it once you gut the cases, I did it by hand, test fitting as I went.

F

Fixerfukeruper

Jun 21, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Yes sir, the bore in the cases has to increase by 2mm. I'm sure a machine shop could do it once you gut the cases, I did it by hand, test fitting as I went.
10-4 i appreciate it

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You really can't tell much from the seat of the pants, has a bit more torque on the bottom end but that's about it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you need a rebuild, not enough improvement to do it for the he11 of it. Mine was starting to smoke & uses some oil so I went for it.

F

Fixerfukeruper

Jun 21, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
You really can't tell much from the seat of the pants, has a bit more torque on the bottom end but that's about it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you need a rebuild, not enough improvement to do it for the he11 of it. Mine was starting to smoke & uses some oil so I went for it.
Thats my same situation atm all i seem to find online are 520 top ends for the foreman im assuming theyre the same as the p520 topend?

Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thats my same situation atm all i seem to find online are 520 top ends for the foreman im assuming theyre the same as the p520 topend?
Yup, Foreman 520 is the same, thats what I used when I ordered parts

Reactions: Fixerfukeruper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!