P500 P500 windshield

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So I've looked at a lot of P5 windshields and finally after running the numbers between building my own and buying one I decided on the superATV windshield for the front.(it came today)

I like the way it can flip the top section out but I still need access to the cargo tray under the hood so my thoughts are.
1st: See if I can convert the lower section of the windshield to hinge open as well, sort of like the top.

Or 2nd: Go way out of the box and cut the hood between the windshield and hood latch bolts and support the cut off section and silicone it in place. I would go so far as to buy another hood just to make a good overlap if need be.

Reactions: Chooglin
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a tough decision. My tip out Honda windshield isn’t my favorite but it also didn’t require any fabrication either. If only life were perfect. I’d try option #1 before I thought about cutting the hood personally. Good luck.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My 3 pc is great . Fold down the center when u dont want windshield . Hood opens no problem as long as the center section is up . Send yours back and get a 3 pc .

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'll keep the SuperATV windshield because I like the way the upper section can lift open, only under mild riding I'm sure.

I'm really going to push the SuperATV mod because then I'd possibly have a lower vent if I wanted but at the very least I could open both and open the hood easily.

I'd really like to see a company make a new different two piece hood for the P5 with a proper rain gutter and seal at the seam.

The 3 piece windshield was considered but I didn't like the way it lays on the hood when open.

For the low cost of a red honda P500 hood I'd cut one to see what I can do with it if need be.

I love the replies thanks.

Reactions: 100Acre
I

iceboundzeke

Mar 15, 2016
Iowa
If I had know that the full windshield would cuase negative air inside the cab.. I would have done something different..Riding in the light snow it was like a blizzard coming in the back.The dirt that is kicked up running to the tree stand is trouble.

Reactions: mrjeff42
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I had know that the full windshield would cuase negative air inside the cab.. I would have done something different..Riding in the light snow it was like a blizzard coming in the back.The dirt that is kicked up running to the tree stand is trouble.
Did you Get a rear panel? I don't have the problem you mentioned and I have a full windshield and rear panel.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made that mistake befor I got my p5 home from dealer. I got the Honda roof and front windshield and on my first ride it dusted me pretty good. Ordered a tusk rear panel and it took care of the dust issue, I keep debating getting the hard rear windshield though.

W

WBCC

I made that mistake befor I got my p5 home from dealer. I got the Honda roof and front windshield and on my first ride it dusted me pretty good. Ordered a tusk rear panel and it took care of the dust issue, I keep debating getting the hard rear windshield though.
I have the seizmik full front windshield with vents and love it. It's double hardcoat and allows hood access. I do run with a vinyl rear panel. Fits perfect on dash and oem Honda roof.

IMG 0151

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the seizmik full front windshield with vents and love it. It's double hardcoat and allows hood access. I do run with a vinyl rear panel. Fits perfect on dash and oem Honda roof.

View attachment 72288
Looks good, how do you like the cargo bed? I debated that as well but ended up doing a rack with a toolbox.

W

WBCC

Looks good, how do you like the cargo bed? I debated that as well but ended up doing a rack with a toolbox.
It's not bad, but I wouldn't buy one. Mine came with the unit. It's really shallow and holds a lot of water in the grooves. It works for the time being tho. Seen some really cool ideas on here for doing my own.

Reactions: Gassygordo
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!