P500 P520 Doors

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Getting ready for hunting season and wanting a set of doors for my P520. From what I've found there are only 2 options. 1- Factory Honda Doors 2- Falcon Ridge Doors. If anyone has either of these doors, would you give me the pros and cons on them?

Reactions: KyGal83
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I would also like to hear about the differences .

Thanks,

Rob

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Getting ready for hunting season and wanting a set of doors for my P520. From what I've found there are only 2 options. 1- Factory Honda Doors 2- Falcon Ridge Doors. If anyone has either of these doors, would you give me the pros and cons on them?
I've got the OEM 520 doors - per advice from @pappyo when I asked about them earlier in the year. I would rather have hard doors, but there aren't any options besides Alumilte that I could find (Alumilte Armor)

I can't speak for the Falcon Ridge (I think @bowhunterbill might have them?), but I feel like the OEM soft doors are as good as you are going to get for a soft door. The fit is about perfect, works with the UTV801 windshield, and seem to be pretty sturdy. I am nervous about the canvas in general, especially for $600+, but not many other options.

I started trying to install them myself, and like most factory tightened pieces, the door hinge screws were a pain in the ass (P500 - Pioneer 520 soft doors) . I ended up paying the dealer to install them and I'm glad I did. Still trying to figure out the best trailering option - at this point I am towing it backwards with the rear panel zipped up, windows zipped down and tucked inside, and the front flap on the UTV801 windshield open for air flow.

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
I also installed the Honda full soft doors, they seem adequate, don’t like that you have to unzip window to open door, but I do like the inside handle for closing. They fit fairly tight and appeare to be good quality. Formerly I had a Polaris Ranger with all hard enclosure (Curtis Cab) and it was amazing cab. The Ranger was another story. Honda machine is much higher quality. Wish Curtis made a Honda cab.
installation was a little tricky, but happy with result, we will see how long they last.

369BE55F 3F81 4881 9E83 6DAEFFF1F289

iawolfeman

iawolfeman

Feb 18, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Are there 2 different doors from Honda for the P5? What about the one with the knob in the door?

Reactions: Smitty335
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Yes 2 & I have had both.
Would NOT Buy the P500 Doors again.
1st. Picture

P500 Doors $450.00 -- 2 door & latch system -- Retains lower door & latch -- add upper door with -- Plastic -- "T " -- for a closing knob.
This not a good system that holds the New Upper door Closed- -NOT USER Friendly.

P520 Doors $650.00 -- 1 door & latch system-- ( Cost more But Worth the Extra) --Better Fit -- "User Friendly" -- Only "1" Latch. - - Remove the Lower OEM Door & Hinges ( REUSUE lower door latch )
For the do it your selfer ( BEWARE the screws that hold the OEM Door Hinges can be a challange to break loose. )
The rest of the install & adjusting fairly Stright Forward.
2nd. & 3rd. Picture

The T handle seen on the upper front of the doors -- from truck cap rear window.
(
"" Definateley Needed"" on the P500 Doors -- Not so much on the P 520 doors -- is my additional ""Safety Latch"" for Towing on OPEN trailer.
Think of it as a Belt & pair of Suspenders

20200725 122426 20210224 100522 20210224 100323

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Ill never buy soft doors again - I have the OEM 520 specific doors and they do a good job of keeping heat in and the elements out, but plastic windows scratch/rub/flap and it’s always a pain trying to make sure everything is buttoned down when I trailer it (had to pull over last night because the window tie down button came undone and the window was flapping freely going 55-60 mph in the dark. If I didn’t notice it I’m sure it would have ripped off. ) The canvas door fabric seems fairly durable…but still flaps.

my advice - they are great if you don’t need to take it anywhere (trailer it). If you do trailer it, buy an enclosed. I’m pretty hard on my gear and we are on the ice, backcountry, etc and I have to trailer it often. been hard to stomach the $700+ for the doors when I don’t see them holding up in the long run.

@SuperATV if you need a prototype tester for your hard doors…sign me up!!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I pushed to get some 500/520 doors on the list. Fingers crossed, hopefully one of my design guys likes the idea and the bean counters give it a go-ahead.

We do have a few 500/520 things in the works right now.
- Forward A-arms
- Winch mount

And................half aluminum doors that should be ready this spring/early summer.

ATCTim

ATCTim

Oct 11, 2018
Lake Lucy, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed a gently used set of Honda soft doors I found on Marketplace on my P5. I am happy with the wind protection. I have moved from roof and windshield to now fully enclosed. I am all mismatched, but everything works well together. EMP roof and windshield, Tusk rear window and Honda doors. They are not the best design, and having to open 2 doors to get in and out seems like Honda did not have their best engineers on the task of designing these. That said, again, they keep the heat in (from the engine) and for plowing snow they are everything I could ask for. the only catch is that side view mirrors are rendered useless with these doors (both Honda and aftermarket). I will never trail ride or trailer my machine with these doors on, so I can not say anything about those scenarios.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I think the doors I bought used for $150 are Falcon Ridge. Bottom line- they work. With the EMP windshield and aluminum roof, some black heavy duty duct tape to close the small gaps in upper corners, and a soft rear ‘window’ the cab was comfortably warm from engine heat once warmed up. It’s a big improvement from driving and freezing with an open cab.

I don’t tailer the P5 much or very far, so I’ve not had problems with the zippered up doors.

What I like about the soft doors is I can roll them up and use a bungie cord to hold back against the roll cage and Dusty Dawgs rear rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!