P500 P520 New Owner Feedback - Ride quality improved?

C

clarks

Nov 6, 2013
I'm looking for feedback on the P520 from you new owners. I purchased the 2015 p500 and sold it 3 months later due to the rough ride it had. My riding terrain is in Northern AZ with semi rocky trails and washboard dirt roads. Since then I have stuck with the Honda Rancher but I now own a larger property that requires more upkeep work (picking up fallen broken branches, installing fencing, existing fencing repairs, chainsaw work, etc. Even the basic Rancher can be rough (basic model) at times. My lot has been rutted up by horses and Elk. Since I ride trails less often, I'm thinking the p520 may be better for me this time around. Can you provide feedback on this topic?
Another option is go with a basic p700 if it will provide a smoother ride over the p520.

H

HondaTech

Unless you buy something with upgraded shocks (like Fox or others) the ride will be rough and tumble.

Trust me Honda hasn't upgraded the 520 suspension to make it any pusher, the 700 isn't much better.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They say the suspension has been upgraded but pretty sure they didn't put $1000 shocks on it. If you're not restricted on width I'd go with the 700. Bigger, better and more capable out of the crate.

Reactions: Remington and lee
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
I've had both:
P500 with Walker Evans shocks better than stock shocks ( still has limited travel )
P700 with Fox SHOCKS a LOT better than stock shocks ( due to the longer travel )
Ride Quality the P700 comes out on Top.
Longer travel allows longer shocks will ( providing you have Quality shocks ) provide better ride

WE SHOCKS on Both the P500 & P520 difference in ride quality would not be able notice or detect ( both stil llimited travel )