P500 P520

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We can ponder about a lot of things, since it’s all just a guessing game without inside information, but as I said before, some sort of alterations definitely in the works. Honda would have already announced the 2021 500s as they have with the bigger units if things were to stay relatively unchanged. So “something’s cooking” no question in my mind.

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
And as far as price points go, who’s to say they won’t add a crucial piece and increase the price up to $1K? If consumers deem it worthwhile, they will pay extra. It’s all about the marketing. I’ve been around long enough to figure that one out!

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
H

HondaTech

^^^ This.

Is there any other machine that uses the current 500 engine?

The 420 Rancher and the 520 Foreman are the nearest thing. The gearing may be different and the cylinder bore is as well.

But the way the trans operates is the same with the exception of the "pause" for full throttle shifts. Which is all done in the pcm tuning.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
But the way the trans operates is the same with the exception of the "pause" for full throttle shifts. Which is all done in the pcm tuning.
Which trans, and same as what?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
And as far as price points go, who’s to say they won’t add a crucial piece and increase the price up to $1K? If consumers deem it worthwhile, they will pay extra. It’s all about the marketing. I’ve been around long enough to figure that one out!

Current price point is around $7995. They need to stay around $9495 max with whatever they add to it. If they go north of $10k their sales will drop significantly as there's a lot more choices in that price range.

Last edited:
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Some people like 'ready made' machines. P-5 owners either want simple or a buildable rig. The 50" is important too. Shiny rims and a roof are the usual weak upgrade 'deluxe' model features.....

Reactions: Fischer and Mudder
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anyone think that this might be a single-seater?
Personally, I don't see the point in one. Did the ACE machines sell that well? Don't think I've ever seen one out on the trail?

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
520 was supposed to be an announced this week but it has been delayed a month.

Oh.. don't get your hopes up on a DCT.
At most lets hope we see a dump bed.
Party pooper!

Reactions: Jerryg
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Personally, I don't see the point in one. Did the ACE machines sell that well? Don't think I've ever seen one out on the trail?
The ACE has been cancelled and replaced by a one seat RZR. This ACE 570 is a blast to ride when the wife drives her Rancher. It’s an overgrown go cart/atv.

4DE943C5 8626 4CBF 8F71 4181BFE5D41E

Reactions: futzin and Mudwing
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

Bummer. In my mind and from my experience, the DCT would be very welcome. I will admit I'm excited to see what they do, and what changes/improvements/tweaks they might make to the popular P500.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I would think that maybe the DCT would raise the price too high.

Reactions: J80
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Obviously there a huge bottleneck of Honda product going on.

Does anyone know if the dealers will see inventory this year at all?

Reactions: Isaiah
A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The nearest Dealer to me is complaining that the smaller dealers are being bypassed. And that they hope the pioneer 500 becomes the pioneer 520, with something on the side. Whatever that means.

R

rickoshea

The nearest Dealer to me is complaining that the smaller dealers are being bypassed. And that they hope the pioneer 500 becomes the pioneer 520, with something on the side. Whatever that means.
my local honda dealer also sells can am.he has no Honda inventory at all right now.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...I don't keep up with ATVs too much these days, but am I understanding there is still a manual shift/esp 520? If that's the case, then yeah...I can see the 2021 getting that instead of the DCT.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!