P500 P520

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have been speaking to my local Honda dealer for a few months now. Wondering why there is no new information yet regarding the “Small Pioneer” for 2021 when info for the 700 and 1000 have been out for months. You can take it with a grain of salt, but he is adamant that it’s because they are introducing the 520 to replace the 500. I know, I know....you’re thinking it’s just a rumour and what does this guy know, right? I’ve been dealing with him for quite some time, so I think there is merit to what he is saying. And besides that, why would Honda remain hush hush about the small pioneer all this time if something wasn’t in the works? I expect to hear news anytime now. And I’m looking to buy new, so could be exciting times ahead! I assume guys will post here doing the same. Enjoy your day and Safe Travels!!

Reactions: Isaiah and Eltobgi
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would not think another 1.2 hp would be much to get excited about.
What if you had .6 HP?

The big deal here to me, is the DCT. The old tranny just has limitations that come with having an electric motor shift what is just a standard mototorcycle transmission. Hopefully, other improvements will come as well.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Reactions: Isaiah
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m thinking its most likely related to a new model. And the reason why it’s been kept under wraps is because Honda wants to try to clear out any and all remaining 2020s from the dealerships before introducing the new model....especially if there are any added improvements upcoming. In other words, get rid of old stock units before making available higher sought after new units with improvements. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.

H

HondaTech

What if you had .6 HP?

The big deal here to me, is the DCT. The old tranny just has limitations that come with having an electric motor shift what is just a standard mototorcycle transmission. Hopefully, other improvements will come as well.

The DCT is still shifted with a shift motor, its just using 2 clutches to be able to shift automatically faster.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The DCT is still shifted with a shift motor, its just using 2 clutches to be able to shift automatically faster.
The speed is the key. Downshifting a 500 during a steep climb under heavy throttle is almost like a neutral drop. Way too long, regardless of how the clutch is adjusted. It has to...to make sure the next gear is engaged. I can't even imagine what the newer auto's do in this situation.

advertisement
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
HPK says "Not for much longer" in regards to waiting, on Facebook.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
DCT , better suspension,power steering ,comfortable seats, locker , a little more power, and top speed 45MPH . It will feel MUCH quicker with the DCT .
Release date 10/28 !!!!!!! I just haven't been able to nail down the year . Still working on that .

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’m thinking its most likely related to a new model. And the reason why it’s been kept under wraps is because Honda wants to try to clear out any and all remaining 2020s from the dealerships before introducing the new model....especially if there are any added improvements upcoming. In other words, get rid of old stock units before making available higher sought after new units with improvements. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
I am waiting as well.

Honda is always tight lipped about new models.

The answer I always got from Japan Honda was "not now but soon".

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would like a bed and for them to pre-mount the winch plate.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
DCT , better suspension,power steering ,comfortable seats, locker , a little more power, and top speed 45MPH . It will feel MUCH quicker with the DCT .
Release date 10/28 !!!!!!! I just haven't been able to nail down the year . Still working on that .

???

Is this what you want, or what you have heard is coming?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What if you had .6 HP?

DCT would add more than $1K to sticker price, not going to happen in that price point market.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
DCT would add more than $1K to sticker price, not going to happen in that price point market.

H

HondaTech

It only adds between $500-600 on the atv. And of they shared the engine with the Rubicon the R&D is already there. I believe this why they kept the price down when it first came out, the engine wasn't anything new. I never understood putting that engine in it anyways. When the P500 came out in '15 the Rancher DCT had been out 6 years and the Rubicon has just changed to the DCT from the old HFT.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It only adds between $500-600 on the atv. And of they shared the engine with the Rubicon the R&D is already there. I believe this why they kept the price down when it first came out, the engine wasn't anything new. I never understood putting that engine in it anyways. When the P500 came out in '15 the Rancher DCT had been out 6 years and the Rubicon has just changed to the DCT from the old HFT.
^^^ This.

Is there any other machine that uses the current 500 engine?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!