Paddle tires on the front ?

D

DDDonkey

I have never tried paddles on the front but I know there was a big difference running some Skat Trak Smoothies on the front over the stock tires. The smoothies really seemed to pull in 4wd.

Reactions: Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Full paddles up front have been known to throw sand all over you and they tend not to steer very good.

There are sand tire combinations currently on the market that offer rear paddles and front traction ribs. Quadboss QBT346 and Tusk Sand Light are a couple. They work with lighter non-turbo machines like the Talon, they are not intended for high power or heavier machines.

I have the Quadboss and they are "OK", nothing special but great for the price. The Tusk have pretty good reviews although not too many reviews.

However, nothing matches the performance of a good set of Scat Tracks but you pay dearly for them!

Dmilkman

Dmilkman

Dec 1, 2019
calif
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought the Tusk Sand Lite for the fronts. Good reviews and really light compared to other molded paddles. About the same weight as the more expensive Skat fronts $100 each vs $250 each. I am also running the Skat Trak Talon 9 paddle 30" in the rear and yes they are expensive, but one the best for a non turbo since they are one of the lightest. They were $375 each. Tusk Sand Lite fronts 30x10x14 - 20.4lbs each unmounted. 35.8lbs total mounted to Douglas Starfighter 14x8 beadlocks. Skat Trak Talon 9 paddle 30x12.5x14 - 22.8lbs each unmounted. 40.4lbs total mounted to 14x10 beadlocks

S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We don't ride much sand anymore, but I would think paddles on the front would make steering difficult.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!