Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Stumbled onto a video or website or something that shows them spray painting vinyl seats to match an existing color. Never knew this was even possible. Had seen dye's and such but never rattle can stuff. Digging deeper into it they can also do color matches. This got my interest because the PRP seat covers I put on the rzr buckets came with accent colors and the only green they had was the Kawi green which looks totally out of place on this machine. I mean at least it was green but given the choice I'd rather have a color match.
Well I've ordered up a can of this stuff. They say when it's prepped right and several light coats it won't come off. Guy I spoke to claims this is how all vinyl and leather is colored. Heads up, the sh** wasn't cheap, especially when you add in the lab cost for the color match and prep supplies but it'll be worth it if it works. Sent them a sample of the Pioneer green last week and got the call today that they can match it. Should have this stuff by the weekend and we'll see how it goes.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have dyed many car interior parts including carpet, seats and seat belts. The spray dye is very thin like water and it soaks in and doesn’t lay on top like paint. I have had very good luck with the spray dye.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have dyed many car interior parts including carpet, seats and seat belts. The spray dye is very thin like water and it soaks in and doesn’t lay on top like paint. I have had very good luck with the spray dye.

Well that's good to hear! The guy was saying that it soaks in with multiple thin coats. Amazing to me that you can paint such a pliable surface and have it stick but if it does that's BA.
Off the shelf black would've been a lot cheaper in hindsight but it takes details to make it look like it came that way.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Are you going to paint the seat covers or the rzr seat Vinyl.
I just removed the DECAL on the RZR seats & left the 2 tone black & orange. ( added seat heaters )

Adds a little color inside. ( I have a set of black & grey Cushions to put in if needed )

Could there be a matching riding outfit in your future? Helmet , Hat , Coat , Boots , Manbag ?

These machines bing out the creativity in all of us.
Pan The Butler ( Sir Name Pandemic 2020 )

20200828 124256 20200725 123016

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Well that's good to hear! The guy was saying that it soaks in with multiple thin coats. Amazing to me that you can paint such a pliable surface and have it stick but if it does that's BA.
Off the shelf black would've been a lot cheaper in hindsight but it takes details to make it look like it came that way.
Have some seat wear in the mustang, let me know how it turns out.

J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger what's the name brand of the product you are talking about?I used some interior panel coating made by SEM on a pvc roof I built for my p 500.I didn't use the roof long enough to seee how it would hold up to the sun.The paint was not cheap but was the only thing I could find that was pliable enough for a roof.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I plan on doing this today. The stuff I bought is from SEM and after researching a bit it's supposed to be better than like Duplicolor or other off the shelf brands. My concern is more with my skills as opposed to the product, cleaning, masking and an even coverage. Multiple thin coats is going to require patience, normally not one of my virtues so we'll see how it goes.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I plan on doing this today. The stuff I bought is from SEM and after researching a bit it's supposed to be better than like Duplicolor or other off the shelf brands. My concern is more with my skills as opposed to the product, cleaning, masking and an even coverage. Multiple thin coats is going to require patience, normally not one of my virtues so we'll see how it goes.
Good luck!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well that proved to be a total PITA! Five panels on each seat and all had to be taped in. Lots of subtle curves, wrinkles and that piping was a b****! Tape doesn't like to stay stuck to vinyl so that didn't help either. Took six coats til I was happy with it, not the whole can but almost. First two were just a good dusting, third coat I planned to start getting some coverage and the tip started clogging on me and spraying way uneven, causing a run on one of them. Fixed that but had to keep a rag and mineral spirits on hand for the rest.
Color match was pretty close, can't complain. They're not perfect but not too bad either, it was some tedious sh** and I tried.
What do ya think?

Seats Done 1
Painted Seats
Painted Seats 2
Painted Seats 1

Last edited:
advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well that proved to be a total PITA! Five panels on each seat and all had to be taped in. Lots of subtle curves, wrinkles and that piping was a b****! Tape doesn't like to stay stuck to vinyl so that didn't help either. Took six coats til I was happy with it, not the whole can but almost. First two were just a good dusting, third coat I planned to start getting some coverage and the tip started clogging on me and spraying way uneven, causing a run on one of them. Fixed that but had to keep a rag and mineral spirits on hand for the rest.
Color match was pretty close, can't complain. They're not perfect but not too bad either, it was some tedius sh** and I tried.
What do ya think?

View attachment 252044View attachment 252045View attachment 252046View attachment 252047
Seats turned out great. Toughest looking 500 I've seen.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!