P500 Painting Vinyl/Leather

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Well that proved to be a total PITA! Five panels on each seat and all had to be taped in. Lots of subtle curves, wrinkles and that piping was a b****! Tape doesn't like to stay stuck to vinyl so that didn't help either. Took six coats til I was happy with it, not the whole can but almost. First two were just a good dusting, third coat I planned to start getting some coverage and the tip started clogging on me and spraying way uneven, causing a run on one of them. Fixed that but had to keep a rag and mineral spirits on hand for the rest.
Color match was pretty close, can't complain. They're not perfect but not too bad either, it was some tedious sh** and I tried.
What do ya think?

View attachment 252044View attachment 252045View attachment 252046View attachment 252047
I think it turned out great.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Wow that looks good.
Wait a minute, this was all a ploy to get us to look at those nerf bars!

I thought about your nerf bars this weekend.
@JACKAL and @Hondasxs tricked me in to following them off a cliff, at one point the Mighty P500 was laid hard on its side in a massive erosion gully.
As I was grinding the plastic off the drivers side (and I could feel the door push in with each rock) I was thinking nerf bars might be good.
Fenders had some scrapes, the A-pillar garnish thing was half ripped off, even had some abrasion on my soft top.
Really need to look in to a set of those nerfs.

Last edited:
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Wow that looks good.
Wait a minute, this was all a ploy to get us to look at those nerf bars!

I thought about your nerf bars this weekend.
@JACKAL and @Hondasxs tricked me in to following them off a cliff, at one point the Mighty P500 was laid hard on its side in a massive erosion gully.
As I was grinding the plastic off the drivers side (and I could feel the door push in with each rock) I was thinking nerf bars might be good.
Fenders had some scrapes, the A-pillar garnish thing was half ripped off, even had some abrasion on my sot top.
Really need to look in to a set of those nerfs.
Pics? LOL

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well that proved to be a total PITA! Five panels on each seat and all had to be taped in. Lots of subtle curves, wrinkles and that piping was a b****! Tape doesn't like to stay stuck to vinyl so that didn't help either. Took six coats til I was happy with it, not the whole can but almost. First two were just a good dusting, third coat I planned to start getting some coverage and the tip started clogging on me and spraying way uneven, causing a run on one of them. Fixed that but had to keep a rag and mineral spirits on hand for the rest.
Color match was pretty close, can't complain. They're not perfect but not too bad either, it was some tedious sh** and I tried.
What do ya think?

View attachment 252044View attachment 252045View attachment 252046View attachment 252047

Nice work...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do ya think?

Looks damn good from here

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
What do ya think?

understand completely did some boat seats and it was a PITA. It was the backrests on a Yamaha jet boat on the swim platform and it hasn't held up to the sun that great either. Just going to reupholster or get new ones this year.

Reactions: Lady01 and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
understand completely did some boat seats and it was a PITA. It was the backrests on a Yamaha jet boat on the swim platform and it hasn't held up to the sun that great either. Just going to reupholster or get new ones this year.

Yeah that's the next question is how well will it hold up? They make some stuff that is for marine and is supposed to hold up better under heavy UV. That's not the stuff they sent me though. Fortunately these seats are always under the roof but I'm still concerned with the amount of fade over time.

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I am glad you piped in, after reading KYhillbilly post I was getting excited to to some painting to the faded seadoo seats.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah that's the next question is how well will it hold up? They make some stuff that is for marine and is supposed to hold up better under heavy UV. That's not the stuff they sent me though. Fortunately these seats are always under the roof but I'm still concerned with the amount of fade over time.
Wow, I missed the upgrade to RZR seats to begin with. Do you have photo documentation of that mod somewhere.

That green was hideous, looks much better now. I’ll be interested in how it wears sliding in and out of them...

Btw, are you done with the mods now.....🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here it is. And yes, I'm done again. 🤞

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here it is. And yes, I'm done again. 🤞

Thanks.....

Reactions: Lady01 and trigger
R

rickoshea

what did you use to remove the rzr logo? i'd like to try and remove mine. the seats are red/black and match the pioneer but the logo is killing me. i did a set of boat seats nearly 10 years ago and they're still looking good.

R

rickoshea

Are you going to paint the seat covers or the rzr seat Vinyl.
I just removed the DECAL on the RZR seats & left the 2 tone black & orange. ( added seat heaters )

Adds a little color inside. ( I have a set of black & grey Cushions to put in if needed )

Could there be a matching riding outfit in your future? Helmet , Hat , Coat , Boots , Manbag ?

These machines bing out the creativity in all of us.
Pan The Butler ( Sir Name Pandemic 2020 )

View attachment 251583 View attachment 251584
this.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
rickoshea
Just seen this.
Check out Trigger' s Post

P500 Bucket SEATS in a P5 ( post 55# describe's how it was done)

Any other questions please PM will do best I can to help.
It's automotive paint thinner wash ( purchased at Automotive PAINT STORE ) Use the Correct ONE some thinners COULD DAMAGE the seat material
Seats are nice up grade , definately AGREE _ rzr logo Has to Go _ down grades the looks of a Honda. ( looks good in the rzr)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!