P500 Parking P500 on trailer in Garage

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I assuming that you don't have a big shed to park in.( or the money or space to build one)
Is it possible this will be some extra work to unload tha P5. Get the trailer in the garage and reload.
You usually will have more height room once in the garage.
Obviously pre measure will be in order and a tongue jack with s a wheel is needed
Then both will be covered

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Here in communist Illinois property taxes are a joke. My neighbor put a 14x14 sun room on the back of his house and it added $500/yr to his taxes. I actually have an empty lot next my mothers I could build a garage on. No pole buildings allowed in residential zone. By the time I put up a garage at $10,000 plus and pay the yearly extortion fee $500 plus the rental stall looks real good :(:mad::confused:.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I purchased a 2015 P500 and it fits nice in my garage. I am now needing to replace my 4x8 trailer with a 5x10. It didn't occur to me until now how tall the roll cage makes the P500 and that I might have an height issue when combined with the trailer bed height and trying to park the trailer in the garage. Has anyone else run into this or solved this issue?
Is raising the header and installing a taller door an option.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, just a lean to off an existing building gets you a tax hit.

That's what I did, threw up a lean to off the back of the garage over a weekend. Simple build, never pulled a permit for that. Better than leaving the trailer out all year, especially through winter.

Chris_MI

Chris_MI

Mar 19, 2016
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Lucky in my case I already had a 5 x 10 open trailer and a pole building with a 8 x 16 overhead door before I bought my P500. So it fits into the opening with a few inches to spare. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit in a standard 7' high opening. However, if you haven't bought the trailer yet maybe you could find a trailer that has smaller wheels that rides lower.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!