P500 Parts availability?

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I'm having a had time finding a PGM-FI computer ( 38770-HL5-A04 ) .

I've tried my local dealer in Canada and been told that its backordered with unknown availability. Tried about 30 dealers in eastern Canada ,with none in stock. It seems Honda has it backordered right to Japan. I've tried Ebay, Motosport,Etc. Some places dont ship to Canada .

Bikebandit says they dont have one but there are 4 of them available at dealers in the US? They say if i ordered through them its possible they could send it in a months time.

Big pricing difference between Canada and the USA. Its almost exactly double the price here !

My regulator took a dump ,wiped out my battery , speedometer and it seems the PGM. Ill definitely be installing a voltage display to keep an eye on the charging.

Any ideas where i can look next? Any large dealers or partshouses that i could check?

i guess Covid has parts availability ground to a halt?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I hate Inter Gallactic backorders !!!

I hope you find your part.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hi,
Showing in stock here as well for USA - Honda 38770-HL5-A04 - PGM-FI UNIT | Partzilla.com

I would be open to re-laying it to you if you like.
Hi,
Showing in stock here as well for USA - Honda 38770-HL5-A04 - PGM-FI UNIT | Partzilla.com

I would be open to re-laying it to you if you like.

I did look on partzilla but there was no shipping to Canada!

a friend pointed me to one on eBay from a Honda dealer in Washington . i had missed seeing it . I've since ordered it.
Shipped , with taxes paid, it was $190 less that the prices i was quoted by local dealers here when i had checked for availability.
I try to buy local ...but that's a big difference!

Thankyou for offering to resend it for me . Very nice gesture.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!