P1000 Pbuck's build

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can you give any more details on the fan you installed? is it running at all times or on a switch? is it loud?

Pbuck

Pbuck

Apr 1, 2016
Melbourne Fl
can you give any more details on the fan you installed? is it running at all times or on a switch? is it loud?
If you go back a few post there is a pic of the fan and the box it came in. I got it at west marine for $30. It's a 4" fan and if you look on my switch panel on the dash I have it wired to a safety switch. Runs as needed. I put the safety switch on it cause my son likes to press buttons (2y/o lol) and you def don't want to run it when you're in deep water. When the engine is running you really can't hear the fan and when I'm parked you can def hear it on but it's not a big deal. Plus it reminds you it's on so you don't forget to turn it off.

Pbuck

Pbuck

Apr 1, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I took a piece of galvanized steel flat stock and bent some tabs on the ends and fastened it to the frame. I drilled some holes in the frame and tapped it to fit some 10-24 screws. That hold one side and the other I just drilled a hole in the round frame tube. Worked out real well. So far so good and with the fan and heat shield I put under the seat it is notisibly cooler in the side area which is what I needed for my boy riding shotgun all the time.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: pct

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have any updated pics with the new wheels?
How is the ride with the HL kit? I am between this and the StrongMade...

Pbuck

Pbuck

Apr 1, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I never got the new wheels. Riding out on the stock steel ones for now the HL lift is fine. No issues at all. I'm riding on 30" itp blackwaters and they only rub just a little bit when I turn it all the way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!