Performance SXS Bushings

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone tried the Performance ATV SXS bushings for the A-Arms?? Link below. They list a lifetime warranty like SuperDaves. I put SATV in mine last time, they wore well, but now I have that "squeak" again, so its time to do it again. The SATV ones are like the stock ones, kind of difficult to remove and replace. I do have the tool from SATV so that helps. Please post if you have tried the Performance ones.

Reactions: Blownzuki and ChadD
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Those plastic "top hat" bushings are garbage no matter who makes them.

You probably just needed to lube the oem ones, Ive yet to replace any due to being worn out.
The SuperDaves "top hat" bushings last forever. They are also guaranteed. They just don't make them for the Talon. How many miles you have, how you ride, and where you ride dictate how quickly bushings wear out. It would have been nice if Honda put grease zerk's on the a-arms. I had a Honda Rincon years ago and added zerks to each a-arm. I replaced the first set of A-arm bushings I think at 3,000 miles. If you ride where it's dry, you will get a lot more miles out of them.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The SuperDaves "top hat" bushings last forever. They are also guaranteed. They just don't make them for the Talon. How many miles you have, how you ride, and where you ride dictate how quickly bushings wear out. It would have been nice if Honda put grease zerk's on the a-arms. I had a Honda Rincon years ago and added zerks to each a-arm. I replaced the first set of A-arm bushings I think at 3,000 miles. If you ride where it's dry, you will get a lot more miles out of them.

I've seen dozens of those type of bushings blowed out in no time. It's a s*** design, no matter whose names on it.

L&W arms use them and their s*** last 5 minutes on a good day.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I guess I'll be the guinea pig and buy a set and see how they do. Worst case, they don't last and I put another set of SATV in. I'll call them on Monday, and try and speak with a tech rep.

Reactions: ChadD
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those plastic "top hat" bushings are garbage no matter who makes them.

You probably just needed to lube the oem ones, Ive yet to replace any due to being worn out.

I've seen dozens of those type of bushings blowed out in no time. It's a s*** design, no matter whose names on it.

He is not wrong about any of this no matter how much you want to fool yourselves into thinking otherwise.

What the hell are you guys doing to destroy the stock style ones??? They are uniballs (heims) with the appropriate size sleeve pressed into them and have rubber boots on both sides sealing them from dirt. The only way dirt is getting in them is if you like to hold your powerwasher right at the sleeve on the arms to make sure you get all that dirt out of those bushings so they don't go bad prematurely but in reality you end up packing the dirt in so tight that it tears the boots up and ultimately kills the heim.

Replacing sealed heims with "lifetime" bushings and expecting them to last longer is just dumb.

Reactions: ChadD and PhilCod
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
He is not wrong about any of this no matter how much you want to fool yourselves into thinking otherwise.

What the hell are you guys doing to destroy the stock style ones??? They are uniballs (heims) with the appropriate size sleeve pressed into them and have rubber boots on both sides sealing them from dirt. The only way dirt is getting in them is if you like to hold your powerwasher right at the sleeve on the arms to make sure you get all that dirt out of those bushings so they don't go bad prematurely but in reality you end up packing the dirt in so tight that it tears the boots up and ultimately kills the heim.

Replacing sealed heims with "lifetime" bushings and expecting them to last longer is just dumb.
What the hell are you guys doing to destroy the stock style ones???
I guess we just ride too hard! Lots of people have replaced the stock bushings with the SATV ones. They are held in by c-clips.

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and 906UP
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I guess we just ride too hard! Lots of people have replaced the stock bushings with the SATV ones. They are held in by c-clips.

SATV bushings or SATV replacement factory style? The bushings suck, the factory style are great. I installed a set of SATV factory style joints and Keller ball joints in a set of 2024 R arms I got from another member here and have no complaints about them.

advertisement
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
SATV bushings or SATV replacement factory style? The bushings suck, the factory style are great. I installed a set of SATV factory style joints and Keller ball joints in a set of 2024 R arms I got from another member here and have no complaints about them.
I used the SATV factory style. I'm not sure how long they lasted, probably 1,000 miles. Only one A-arm seems to be squeaking. I'll take it down after Labor Day weekend and see what it looks like. Maybe something else is making the squeak.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WE will have to look at these and see what the difference is from the Honda Pioneer 1000 they look very similiar

Reactions: ChadD
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

What he said^^^^. These last maybe 1 ride on my machine before they are s***. Unfortunately L&W were pretty much the only ones doing high clearance front arms other than SATV when I put them on my buggy... I have 2 sets of "Performance" bushings left and then I plan on cutting the mounts off and fabbing the OEM mounts back on to use OEM bushings.

Reactions: JenElio
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Somewhat on topic........

I've been told that we are working on a new bushing design with a new materials supplier. The goal was to design the best out there. I don't have an ETA on them yet, but I know they are in the works and some are already being tested. I was just talking about this with @JenElio and hoping to get him a set, but the timeline wasn't going to work out for the new ones.

Some things to note:
- They will be gray in color to differentiate them from the existing material
- They may cost a little more...as expected
- My engineer over the project says they are going to be SUPER tight...so good luck with install. Lol! A press or c-clamp should do the trick.

They asked me what machines to tackle first and I said all the Honda models. Then move to Kawie and Yamaha. Popo and Can-Am last.

I'll make a separate post when they are ready. Currently no exact ETA.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Somewhat on topic........

I've been told that we are working on a new bushing design with a new materials supplier. The goal was to design the best out there. I don't have an ETA on them yet, but I know they are in the works and some are already being tested. I was just talking about this with @JenElio and hoping to get him a set, but the timeline wasn't going to work out for the new ones.

Some things to note:
- They will be gray in color to differentiate them from the existing material
- They may cost a little more...as expected
- My engineer over the project says they are going to be SUPER tight...so good luck with install. Lol! A press or c-clamp should do the trick.

They asked me what machines to tackle first and I said all the Honda models. Then move to Kawie and Yamaha. Popo and Can-Am last.

I'll make a separate post when they are ready. Currently no exact ETA.

Do you guys source the stock style Honda control arm "bushings" from the oem supplier? I have a pack of SATV stock style bushings and a couple factory Honda ones I took out of some old arms and I can't tell any difference.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Do you guys source the stock style Honda control arm "bushings" from the oem supplier? I have a pack of SATV stock style bushings and a couple factory Honda ones I took out of some old arms and I can't tell any difference.
Same, I have both sitting in my parts drawer and can't tell which is which.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I got some also. What I’ve been told is the overall design is the same but the material used is slightly different/a little harder and doesn’t last quite as long as the factory bushings do. SATV will have to confirm that.

Reactions: Adam490
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I got some also. What I’ve been told is the overall design is the same but the material used is slightly different/a little harder and doesn’t last quite as long as the factory bushings do. SATV will have to confirm that.
I highly doubt its the same exact bushing, but I can't say for sure. Most OEM suppliers have non-disclosures and non-competes, so even if it was the exact same thing from the same manufacturer, we'd never know. Its much more likely that we scanned and reverse engineered it here and tapped our current bushing supplier to use our scan of it. I do know that I have a full print and scan of it, so what we are selling is coming from our print and meeting our dimensions and tolerances.

advertisement