Radius rod bushings

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Ok. I have a 2020 Talon x4. Has roughly 1500 miles on the machine. Had the machine up in the air last night just inspecting everything before my next ride and noticed that both rear wheels had play if you grab them from the top and bottom and move them. Thought wheel bearings at first but both sides are have equal play and the led me to the radius rods. The uppers at the knuckle have the play. I have read this was normal but it seems like a little to much play to me.

Talked to Honda as well and they don’t just sale the bushing. Found out they don’t just sale the bushings for the from a-arms either.

So can someone tell me if the play in the radius arms are normal or do I need to replace them?

Where can I get good replacement bushings for the front a-arms and the radius arms?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I am also having the same issue they had some play witch is normal from start however it is a bit more I believe @SuperATV has the bushing kit for them I know for the front for sure not sure if that kit also includes bushing for the radius rods hopefully @SuperATV can confirm this for us all

Reactions: SuperATV and Isaiah
FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Couldn't have been all that useless, it made you look and figure it out for yourself.

Your welcome.

Well do you have a answer for my original question or you just trolling?

That’s what I really need to know before I spend money I don’t need to.

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just trolling....... Slow day at the office.

Play is not normal and only the front A arm bushings are available from Super ATV like already mentioned. If you want replacements for the rear you have 2 options:

-Buy aftermarket arms with heim joint ends that are replacable.

-Keep buying junk Honda Radius rods and wearing them out.

Anything else you want to be spoon fed?

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4

Play is not normal and only the front A arm bushings are available from Super ATV like already mentioned. If you want replacements for the rear you have 2 options:

Yep, spoon feed me your opinion on what brand you recommend. I’m assuming you’ve got plenty of opinions.

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I don’t beat on it. I just trail ride in West Virginia. We do get in some rough terrain sometimes. Very rocky there too. I’m thinking high clearance ones cause I have been in some situations where the factory ones have hit the dirt.

H

HondaTech

The rod bushings do have play new with the wheels off the ground. I havent seen any with more play after use with weight on the wheels.

Im not sure what the reasoning is for the movement when at full droop.

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The rod bushings do have play new with the wheels off the ground. I havent seen any with more play after use with weight on the wheels.

How much play do they have? If you can describe it. I had the wheels completely off the ground too.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

Are they "bushings" or some kind of heim/bushing hybrid type joints? When I took my stockers off I remember being able to twist the inner metal sleeve back and forth with almost no resistance like a heim but I definitely saw rubber in them. Is it just a boot or something?

H

HondaTech

How much play do they have? If you can describe it. I had the wheels completely off the ground too.

They almost wheel like a wheel bearing. If you move the wheel quickly enough they will "clunk" like the hub is loose. We thought my GMs car had loose bushings, but after checking 3 other new units, they were all the same. Other than needing extra clearance or bending one, they are probably find for most people.

The problem with high clearance ones is the axle is now getting hit. My GM went RaceCo, but his is a dedicated race car at this point.

Reactions: Isaiah
FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
They almost wheel like a wheel bearing. If you move the wheel quickly enough they will "clunk" like the hub is loose. We thought my GMs car had loose bushings, but after checking 3 other new units, they were all the same. Other than needing extra clearance or bending one, they are probably find for most people.

The problem with high clearance ones is the axle is now getting hit. My GM went RaceCo, but his is a dedicated race car at this point.

Thanks. You described in perfectly.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

I just bought the L and W high clearance lower radius rods for my X (and they are really nice looking). My cousin already has some on his X. But the axel is still a couple inches above the the high clearance radius rods, so the rods hit first. Just to let you know our experiences with them.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!