Rear wheel wobble with L&W radius rods

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Over the winter I put on the L&W High clearance radius rods on the back. After a couple of trips, or about 400 miles, a buddy of mine was behind me on the road and he said the right wheel was wobbling some. Looking it over the radius rods moved pretty easily from front to back (not side to side) and the Hem joints appeared worn out. I called L&W and purchased a bag of Hem joints and replaced them. I also replaced that wheel bearing so I knew the whole side was good. About 300 miles later, I have the same problem. My only guess is to put the stock radius arms back on and replace the wheel bearing and see how that does. Anyone else have any input?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi Phil -
I've seen one other report of L&W using questionable Heim joints. I also have the L&W radius rods and will be watching this. I have no experience with Heim joints but wouldn't hesitate to replace them with high quality units - if I knew who made them and how they're sized. 🤔

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Craig,

Thanks for the info. It's hard to believe as tough as the L&W's look, the heim joints are kind of weak. But that is the area where all the wear and tear happen. They have a lifetime warranty, I may try calling them again. Odd how the left side is fine.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!