Radius rod bushings

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Unless you drive around backwards the rear axle shafts will always be the lowest point. Radius rods don't protect the rear shafts, high clearance or stock clearance...... 🤪

H

HondaTech

I just bought the L and W high clearance lower radius rods for my X (and they are really nice looking). My cousin already has some on his X. But the axel is still a couple inches above the the high clearance radius rods, so the rods hit first. Just to let you know our experiences with them.

Ive seen several with high clearance rods that are scratched and even bent.

Trust me they'll get hit. We're running RaceCo straight rods and haven't had any issues yet.

Also they'll eventually get loose at the ends and rub the frame.

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Ive seen several with high clearance rods that are scratched and even bent.

Trust me they'll get hit. We're running RaceCo straight rods and haven't had any issues yet.

Also they'll eventually get loose at the ends abd rub the frame.
I get what you are saying.....I thought you were saying that the axel actually sits down lower than the radius rods.

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well after checking 3 different talons over the weekend, I found out that the play is perfectly normal like HondaTech said. I just had to see for myself. 2 Talons were right at 350 miles and the other around 1000 miles. My stock rods will be staying on. Saved myself some money for other accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks. You described in perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that info Honda Tech. I had my 2019 X jacked up a couple weeks ago and noticed the play and clunk in the rear radius rods. Machine has 1500 miles. I never hear the clunk when riding. If new units have the play I'm just going to continue riding and check them occasionally. I have the extended warranty. If they get worse will Honda cover them or are they considered a wear item?

Reactions: FOOTS
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Unless you drive around backwards the rear axle shafts will always be the lowest point. Radius rods don't protect the rear shafts, high clearance or stock clearance...... 🤪
Actually I was backing up when I bent mine!! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put the L&W ones on the rear back in the spring. After the first couple of trips when I was on the road people behind me say my right wheel shakes a little bit. So when I got home I put it up on the lift and inspected it. The wheel bearing was bad and the hem joints in the L&W's were loose. That was at 400 miles on the L&W's and about 1,500 on the Talon. So I replaced the wheel bearing and the hem joints. After 300 miles I have the same issue. I will put it up on the lift tomorrow and see what is going on. I can't imagine the wheel bearing is bad that quickly. But I'll know pretty fast once I put it up and take off the radius rods and shake that wheel.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!