THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good day ladies and gentlemen!
My Labour day weekend riding was cut short due to some rear fuel injector issues.
Chalmers is throwing a code 13 rear injector.
I have had problems recreating the problem. It only seems to surface once I have ridden for quite some time. Makes be believe it is heat related. If it were truly a bad injector, I think it would set the code every ignition cycle.
Going thru my service manual, it has a few options for repair,
~Possible faulty fuel injector (maybe if issue was constant)
~open circuit in red/black wire (maybe if issue was constant)
~open in green/black (front) or green/blue (rear) wire
~replace PCM with known good one

I have the trouble code on video. and also an 8 minute video that I didn't know I was recording, just the audio of it staling and restarting. I swear it was died 50 times. trying to go less than a mile.

This happened to be on Friday, on the way home, which sucked, but was dealt with. And again on Sunday, where I cut my ride short knowing how much of a pain in the ass it was to get it back to camp.

I truly believe I have an issue in my wiring harness. Chalmers is still under warranty. Should I push to have entire harness replaced? Or let them find the break in the harness and fix it?

Thoughts?

Edit From Member @cwalton

@Hondasxs has created a repair harness for this!
Pioneer fuel injector wire repair kit.
Man am I glad I ordered two of the Hondasxs repair harnesses. The dragon raised it's head on Wednesdayof a week trip at West Virginia. Only a couple of hours down time and back riding the rest of the week. What a life saver

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I have the same problem. On a ride yesterday, about 15 miles in my P1k5 quit running 3 times within a half mile. The next 45-50 miles no problem and then quit again. Stopped at the end of ride for a cool one and let everything cool off. When starting to head for the house, died another 3 times. Didn’t think to check for codes, but replacement pigtails are ordered. This is embarrassing when’d riding mainly with RZR’s.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks to all of you in helping to find this fix. Out riding the other day, my machine shut down probably 10 times. Always started right back up and made it home OK after a 90 mile ride in some fairly rough terrain. Today I cleaned it up and took it for a test ride in the neighborhood to see if the problem would repeat itself. Sure enough, just as soon as I got as far from the house as the community permits, it quit. This time, however, I waited for the code to show up and it was a 12. Front injector. Pigtails with connectors are ordered. Hope they get here in time for next weeks ride. Otherwise I’ll be tearing into the molex connector to do the repair. My P1k5 is a 2018 with a little over 3,000 miles on it. It’s too bad that Honda hasn’t come up with a permanent fix for this problem yet. It’s embarrassing when you’re the only Honda in a pack of RZR’s and it’s your machine having problems.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks to all of you in helping to find this fix. Out riding the other day, my machine shut down probably 10 times. Always started right back up and made it home OK after a 90 mile ride in some fairly rough terrain. Today I cleaned it up and took it for a test ride in the neighborhood to see if the problem would repeat itself. Sure enough, just as soon as I got as far from the house as the community permits, it quit. This time, however, I waited for the code to show up and it was a 12. Front injector. Pigtails with connectors are ordered. Hope they get here in time for next weeks ride. Otherwise I’ll be tearing into the molex connector to do the repair. My P1k5 is a 2018 with a little over 3,000 miles on it. It’s too bad that Honda hasn’t come up with a permanent fix for this problem yet. It’s embarrassing when you’re the only Honda in a pack of RZR’s and it’s your machine having problems.
Should arrive in time. Ships tomorrow via priority mail.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!