P1000m5 Pick Up my new 1000-5 Delux Let the Upgrades begin :)

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Honda SxS Club! First I have to say thank you for all the great Forums and discussion, I have been reading for weeks as I was deciding on my new purchase and what upgrades and accessories I should be adding to it.

I am upgrading from a 2010 Kaw Teryx 2, that has served me very well, but I am tired of the belt over heat alarm, and the two seats. My daughter has finally gotten big enough to no longer ride in laps, or on the center console. So it was time to do something.

I pick up my new ride Saturday and can not wait to start the upgrading process. I have been reading up and will be ordering the Honda Split Windshield/ Warn Axon Winch/ Tough Country Bumper. I have not decided on the roof or UMHW skid plate yet. Any recommendation are welcome. I will also be setting up a dual battery, and thinking of adding a Full size battery under the driver seat. I have about 8 weeks to get it ready for a trip to the TN mountains to do some riding. It took me 8 years to get the Teryx were I wanted it, but need to speed this one up..... as long as the wife does not think I am going over board.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats. I would do SATV windshield over Honda version but I would do Honda roof. The ModQuad 1/2” UHMW skid on eBay for $560 is hard to beat

Reactions: TripleB
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the forum from Arkansaw yes lotts good information on here u gona enjoy ur new ride i must warn u the upgrades never end brother :D:D

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats. I would do SATV windshield over Honda version but I would do Honda roof. The ModQuad 1/2” UHMW skid on eBay for $560 is hard to beat

Thanks for the feedback, but was looking at a metal roof or at least a lower profile. I need to make sure it fits in my Toyhauler. Wife want let me upgrade both, and if I do the Honda roof that is 2 to 3 of additial height from what I have read. I am already tight on the height.

Do you know if the ModQuad extends out past the side of the Pioneer? I want to make sure I get a little Rock Protection. I made my own for the Teryx, but I also had to weld in extra frame bars since they did not have any around the perimeter of the SxS.

Reactions: TripleB
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from Arkansaw yes lotts good information on here u gona enjoy ur new ride i must warn u the upgrades never end brother :D:D
You can say that again... I guess at least get back to were I was at on the Teryx… There are so great build on here with some much good information. It is hard to decided where to start.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback, but was looking at a metal roof or at least a lower profile. I need to make sure it fits in my Toyhauler. Wife want let me upgrade both, and if I do the Honda roof that is 2 to 3 of additial height from what I have read. I am already tight on the height.

Do you know if the ModQuad extends out past the side of the Pioneer? I want to make sure I get a little Rock Protection. I made my own for the Teryx, but I also had to weld in extra frame bars since they did not have any around the perimeter of the SxS.

Gotcha on roof. I love my Honda roof but I don’t have height restrictions. Metal roofs are very loud. I don’t know if any skids that go past outer bar but most guys are putting 2” angle on lower tubes before Installing skid. Extra protection and nice flat spot for skid to mount.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’d go with an Alien Sunshade while you decide on a metal roof or not.

While getting the amazon link, I see where they only have neon green and blue in stock... they also come in gray and red if you can find them.

Looks like you can get all colors direct from Alien Sunshade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lofar and Mopower58
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 2018 Pioneer this summer. I've added a few things along the way. Take a look at the build threads of various machines to get an idea of what people are buying or adding.

Here's a link to mine
P1000 - Todd's 2018 Build

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’d go with an Alien Sunshade while you decide on a metal roof or not.

While getting the amazon link, I see where they only have neon green and blue in stock... they also come in gray and red if you can find them.

Looks like you can get all colors direct from Alien Sunshade.
I have the red Alien Sunshade and love it. If it rains it will not keep you dry.
IMG 1123

Reactions: Landman
B

Bigjim

Jun 28, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the 1000-5 LE with stock tires and Honda roof. My cargo trailer door clearance is 79" I have about 1" clearance. Will be going to 28" tire when the stock 27" are due. I installed the Honda 1/2 windshield. When travelling, the air hits around the top of the helmet, you have a clear view, nice on a warm day and cuts down big time on the dust. Down fall, rain does hit your face. Will be installing a rear bumper. You could easily do damage to your back end ( eg. backing into at tree while turning around, or your buddy bumping in to you). Also, for you hunter's, installed the Seizmik seat gun mount. Mounted in the center seat with the seat belt. Also bought Gun Slicker covers from Cabelas to cover the rifles or shot guns in the mount. This setup is A plus and make gun storage legal come night time.

Last edited:
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the info. I have been looking for a rear bumper that still works with dump function. I use the bed doing yard work around the house. One reason the wife is ok with the SxS.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I have the EMP rear bumper. It doesn’t interfere with the bed dumping.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much longer does it make the machine. I need to make sure I can still shoe horn it into to my toy hauler.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!