Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did he through in the vfd? Unless u got 3 phase thats not a bad deal. Service upgrade to 3 phase is probably $$$
An Add A Phase unit for a 5hp motor runs around 4 to 500 dollars. But you can also get a solid state 3ph drive and run a 3ph motor on single phase.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That Central Machinery Band Saw that they have at Harbor Frieght is a really good saw for the money, I have two of them one at Work and one at my shop at home that I have used for almost 20 years no problems,,,,,,
Interesting you mention this! My Chicago Machinery band saw died a few days back. I think I traded something for it at least 30 years back. So you would suggest the newer models?

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting you mention this! My Chicago Machinery band saw died a few days back. I think I traded something for it at least 30 years back. So you would suggest the newer models?
I have had very good luck with the two that I have but they are close to 20 years old I bought them at about the same time, I bought the one at work first and liked it so much I bought one for my personal shop, 1HP. 7in. X 12in. I looked at them just recently when I was in Harbor and remembered thinking that they didn't look any different than the older ones that I have been using, I would think You should be OK,,,,

Reactions: JTW and NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!