P1000m3 Picking up 1000 EPS next week but...

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Concerned about the price I went with a different dealer. He's throwing in a full five year warranty and four of the 28 inch bighorns and he said that would give me another inch of clearance. But being a 4 x 4 truck enthusiast, doesn't make sense. If 27 is stock and I am getting 28 that would give me a half inch clearance.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Concerned about the price I went with a different dealer. He's throwing in a full five year warranty and four of the 28 inch bighorns and he said that would give me another inch of clearance. But being a 4 x 4 truck enthusiast, doesn't make sense. If 27 is stock and I am getting 28 that would give me a half inch clearance.

But then I just read above the 28 inches won't fit without the 2 inch lift?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Going from stock 27" tires to a true 28" tire will give 1" of ground clearance. This is because the stock tires are 25.5-26" actual height.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But then I just read above the 28 inches won't fit without the 2 inch lift?

Ask around or take a look in the tire and wheel section. It all depends on what brand of tire you get.

@JACKAL needed a lift to fit those over sized 28" Roctanes.

@Delton needed a similar lift as Jackal but was able to fit 30" ITP EVOs due to them being undersized.

If tire manufactures would quit LYING about the size of tires and put the actual height on the side wall, this would be a lot easier for us.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Told dealer I wanted two filters each of the oil and DCT. And enough oil for the first change. Then I'm going to Amsoil on second. Normally I go to Amsoil after the first change but reading on this forum I read it was better to do the first change with Honda before going to synthetic. I'm not sure why but I just took everyone's advice on that.

But now the dealer is saying there is no other filter but oil and only a screen that needs to be cleaned out??? He said the service department told him that. I know better. Just goes to show how glad I am I changed dealers!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Told dealer I wanted two filters each of the oil and DCT. And enough oil for the first change. Then I'm going to Amsoil on second. Normally I go to Amsoil after the first change but reading on this forum I read it was better to do the first change with Honda before going to synthetic. I'm not sure why but I just took everyone's advice on that.

But now the dealer is saying there is no other filter but oil and only a screen that needs to be cleaned out??? He said the service department told him that. I know better. Just goes to show how glad I am I changed dealers!

Some salesmen are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!