P1000m3 Picking up 1000 EPS next week but...

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Doing all of this by phone so have never actually seen it because dealer is two hours away. I have seen lots of pics. Are the stock tires aggressive enough? They look more like for use on turf. Should I insist on more aggressive tires before they deliver it?

Live in the mountains of North Carolina and have steep and muddy, slippery terrain. Especially since I have some freshly cut roads. I currently own a Massimo 500 (which I have no complaints) but the tires are awesome and very aggressive.

Pictures can be deceiving and I have seen different type tires for the 1000. But it APPEARS they just have some straight square lugs that don't protrude much at all. Worried and wondering how good those tires are in a real every day use?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doing all of this by phone so have never actually seen it because dealer is two hours away. I have seen lots of pics. Are the stock tires aggressive enough? They look more like for use on turf. Should I insist on more aggressive tires before they deliver it?

Live in the mountains of North Carolina and have steep and muddy, slippery terrain. Especially since I have some freshly cut roads. I currently own a Massimo 500 (which I have no complaints) but the tires are awesome and very aggressive.

Pictures can be deceiving and I have seen different type tires for the 1000. But it APPEARS they just have some straight square lugs that don't protrude much at all. Worried and wondering how good those tires are in a real every day use?
The non delux tire are very basic and not very aggressive. The deluxe have bighorn 2.0 I've had them before and loved them. They were great for everyday use. I don't think they will give you more aggressive tires but they might give you a huge discount on some and then sell the ones that came on it. Just a thought.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The non delux tire are very basic and not very aggressive. The deluxe have bighorn 2.0 I've had them before and loved them. They were great for everyday use. I don't think they will give you more aggressive tires but they might give you a huge discount on some and then sell the ones that came on it. Just a thought.

I haven't seen that as an option. I built mine online and looked and looked and all I saw for upgrades was aluminum wheels nothing about tire upgrades? Do they automatically come with the wheel upgrade I guess?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't seen that as an option. I built mine online and looked and looked and all I saw for upgrades was aluminum wheels nothing about tire upgrades? Do they automatically come with the wheel upgrade I guess?
Some reviews actually say they come standard with Big Horn 2.0? So there does seem to be a little confusion out there

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The upgrade will have the bighorn 2.0.
So excuse my ignorance, but will the 14 inch wheel upgrade add any lift to the vehicle? Are the bighorns 2.0 that come with the aluminum wheels larger than the stock 27 inch tire?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So excuse my ignorance, but will the 14 inch wheel upgrade add any lift to the vehicle? Are the bighorns 2.0 that come with the aluminum wheels larger than the stock 27 inch tire?
They are both 27 but tires are strange on actual height. The bighorn 27 will sit up slightly higher than the stock 27. The wheel size of 14 will not make it sit higher just the tire will. A bigger wheel allows for a bigger tire thus sit higher. Welcome to the forum you can find out any information you ever wanted to know about your new ride! If you don't know something just ask you won't be judged everyone on here is very helpful and informative!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The tires on the non deluxe are 6 ply and go in mud good I have to put it in 4x4 more often then when I had mega Mayhem's but there as good as bighorns 2.

Reactions: dotman1
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No height increase, the tire diameter will change the ride height not wheel diameter. Also not those 27" Bighorn 2.0's Honda has them special made they are not the typical size you can guy on the market AND are only actually 25.5" tall when aired up to 14 PSI recommended pressure. If you want a good tough tire that runs true to size I would recommend STI Roctane XD tires, they are very tough 8 ply radials that are good all around but excellent in rocks and cut resistance. they come in 27x9x14 & 27x11x14 and are a full 2" taller than the OEM 27" tires.

I am running the 28x10x14 all the way around but those will not clear without a 2" lift kit as they are actually closer to 29" tall.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
No height increase, the tire diameter will change the ride height not wheel diameter. Also not those 27" Bighorn 2.0's Honda has them special made they are not the typical size you can guy on the market AND are only actually 25.5" tall when aired up to 14 PSI recommended pressure. If you want a good tough tire that runs true to size I would recommend STI Roctane XD tires, they are very tough 8 ply radials that are good all around but excellent in rocks and cut resistance. they come in 27x9x14 & 27x11x14 and are a full 2" taller than the OEM 27" tires.

I am running the 28x10x14 all the way around but those will not clear without a 2" lift kit as they are actually closer to 29" tall.
Jackal what style and size rims you running with the Roctanes.

advertisement
jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado

If time permits, I would just drive the 2 hours and go see it, that's a lot of money and questions for something you have only seen pics of? The 1000-5 Deluxe comes with the Bighorns and upgraded rims, the 1000-5 does not, is my understanding. The Deluxe also has led headlights, and the standard 100-5 does not, the Deluxe has auto load leveling, standard 1000-5 does not, not sure what other upgrades the deluxe has vs 1000-5. Also, from what Ive seen at most dealers here in Colorado, the Deluxe runs about $1000 more than the standard 1000-5

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If time permits, I would just drive the 2 hours and go see it, that's a lot of money and questions for something you have only seen pics of? The 1000-5 Deluxe comes with the Bighorns and upgraded rims, the 1000-5 does not, is my understanding. The Deluxe also has led headlights, and the standard 100-5 does not, the Deluxe has auto load leveling, standard 1000-5 does not, not sure what other upgrades the deluxe has vs 1000-5. Also, from what Ive seen at most dealers here in Colorado, the Deluxe runs about $1000 more than the standard 1000-5

Deluxe didn't interest me. Mostly paint match and things that didn't do much for me.

Reactions: jj88
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Deluxe didn't interest me. Mostly paint match and things that didn't do much for me.
Don't think wondering about tire aggressiveness is worth a 4 hr round trip drive :) He texted me pics of it and they look pretty decent.

Is there any other advantage to the wheels other than coming with those tires? Don't mean looks wise. But later when replace the tires, do those rims give me more options?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal what style and size rims you running with the Roctanes.

I am running STI HD3 wheels 14x7 with 6+1 offset on all four corners. With the 28x10x14 STI Roctane XD tires I am 64" wide in front and 62" wide in rear. Of course the bolt pattern is 4x137mm.

28x10 Roctanes vs OEM P1K with 28x10 Rotctane Side view

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't think wondering about tire aggressiveness is worth a 4 hr round trip drive :) He texted me pics of it and they look pretty decent.

Is there any other advantage to the wheels other than coming with those tires? Don't mean looks wise. But later when replace the tires, do those rims give me more options?[/QUOTE
THE 12 HAVE MORE TIRE OPTIONS BUT 14" ARE THE NEW 12"S. THAT BEING SAID WE ARE SEEING MORE TIRES COMING OUT FOR 14" ALL THE TIME. THEY SEEM TO BE MORE $ THE BIGGER THE RIM

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the stock tires on my p1000-3 are just fine except they wear too fast on the asphalt! But that's not the tires fault. I have to go 2-3 miles before I can get to any sort of dirt roads by my place. Having said that, I wouldn't have a problem getting them again, decent tread and 6ply with a reasonable price.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado

Is there any other advantage to the wheels other than coming with those tires? Don't mean looks wise. But later when replace the tires, do those rims give me more options?
Yeah, I've driven 4+ hours round trip for a good steak before, so I guess to me the drive would be worth it, to ask questions and kick the tires yourself, but, I understand. Looks like the stock tires on the standard 1000-5 or 3 are not much more than standard atv tires

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The standard 1000-5 does have the auto level suspension, the difference is the doors, tires and wheels, and led headlights.

Reactions: dotman1
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

the bighorns that come on the deluxe are only 4 ply and not your standard bighorn. Some might say that they don't belong on a heavy utv. Someone on Facebook stated they should be illegal.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!