Picking up my Pioneer 500 Tomorrow

B

bowslngr

Jul 25, 2014
New to the forum and I will be picking up my Pioneer 500 tomorrow. It is green, and I am having the dealer install 27" Swamplites. I'll let you all know my initial impressions early next week (will be out riding this weekend :D )

Had a Ranger 800 mid-sized and really did not like it. Too noisy (loud) and the belt was squeaky. Didn't really need something that big either. I am hoping this one is just right. With the manual shift I should be able to quietly putter around the woods in high gear just like I do with my Foreman.

B

bowslngr

Jul 25, 2014
Yep -- the 27" Swamplites rub just a tad when the wheel is turned to the left or right limit. Nothing to worry about -- more annoying than anything. The rub is so slight that once a bit of tred is worn off the center-most lugs I think it will go away.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome bowslngr, glad to have you as part of the community. Ya. We too been told 27's rub and 28's hit the inside frame. But read people grinding it down for a fix fairly easy. I agree with you in size. My 700 is huge compared to the 500. Once it get a chance to ride one I may be some as well.
Look forward to seeing you around.
Post a picture when u get time.
Thanks.

B

bowslngr

Jul 25, 2014
First impressions: Love it! This thing is way more enjoyable to drive that the mid-size Ranger it replaced. Paddle shifting takes some getting used to. I really like how quite it is, and it has all the get-up-and-go that I will ever want or need.

Honda knocked this one out of the park on the first swing!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Great to hear the report and also like mine to put around the woods like my former Foreman plus having the ability to bring someone along plus some gear....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!