BOX1

Pics of P5's with oversized tires on stock wheels.

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I know the Kenda Bearclaw HTR's have been posted here previously but here is my two cents.

I wanted to stay with the stock wheels and no spacers to keep it as close to 50" width as possible. And I did not want it to rub at full lock turning. The tight turning radius is one of the things I love about the p500 and to have that restricted would be a deal breaker. Went back and forth on 27's or 26's. Went ahead with 26x9xR12 fronts and 26x11xR12 rears after all my research.

The HTR's measured at 26.25" at 10 psi and are exactly what I wanted. They did excellent in the snow on the only ride I have with them so far. Stability seemed fine and power loss was minimal. With the stock wheel setup without spacers I could not of gone to the 27" and still kept my full lock to lock steering. The picture below shows the tire turned all the way and my fingers just fit touching both the tire and the frame. The 27's would have rubbed bad and limited the turning radius.

Anyways, if anyone was wondering on maxing out your tire size with all stock wheel setup, this is my set up for it.

IMG 20190126 123421545

IMG 20190126 124216398

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
E83FE18E 1686 4B61 91E1 554804037BA3 Upload 2019 1 28 10 56 40 5C1EE286 4671 4286 AB86 1C81D36B958E
26” 11” 12” Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 on factory rims on all four corners. Does great in everything but some real sticky clay we ran into, but we had four machines in there all with different set ups and we all had to winch through. (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Yamaha Grizzly 750 x 2) although the Moose Buggy only had to winch twice to 4-5 times for everyone else.

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
I know the Kenda Bearclaw HTR's have been posted here previously but here is my two cents.

I wanted to stay with the stock wheels and no spacers to keep it as close to 50" width as possible. And I did not want it to rub at full lock turning. The tight turning radius is one of the things I love about the p500 and to have that restricted would be a deal breaker. Went back and forth on 27's or 26's. Went ahead with 26x9xR12 fronts and 26x11xR12 rears after all my research.

The HTR's measured at 26.25" at 10 psi and are exactly what I wanted. They did excellent in the snow on the only ride I have with them so far. Stability seemed fine and power loss was minimal. With the stock wheel setup without spacers I could not of gone to the 27" and still kept my full lock to lock steering. The picture below shows the tire turned all the way and my fingers just fit touching both the tire and the frame. The 27's would have rubbed bad and limited the turning radius.

Anyways, if anyone was wondering on maxing out your tire size with all stock wheel setup, this is my set up for it.

View attachment 104556

View attachment 104557
What brand windshield is that and do you like it.Also what brand roof is that.I trallr like your Set up.

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What brand windshield is that and do you like it.Also what brand roof is that.I trallr like your Set up.

The windshield comes from utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com It's the 1/4" MAR abrasion resistant type. I love how I have the choice of folding it down or having it up and would buy it again. But if you plan on riding in heavy rain then you should know that the piano hinge will leak some onto the dash. I'm looking into a couple different methods on how to seal it now.

The roof is a Moose Racing One-Piece Roof 0521-1247. I got it for $135 off of ebay. It was the most economical one I could find. No frills, just a formed piece of plastic but it does the job of keeping sun or rain off of me.

And thanks, welcome to the forums.

Reactions: trigger
N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
The windshield comes from utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com It's the 1/4" MAR abrasion resistant type. I love how I have the choice of folding it down or having it up and would buy it again. But if you plan on riding in heavy rain then you should know that the piano hinge will leak some onto the dash. I'm looking into a couple different methods on how to seal it now.

The roof is a Moose Racing One-Piece Roof 0521-1247. I got it for $135 off of ebay. It was the most economical one I could find. No frills, just a formed piece of plastic but it does the job of keeping sun or rain off of me.

And thanks, welcome to the forums.
Thanks I really appreciate it.

Reactions: trigger
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I would have to say yes.
hills are steep around elkview cant believe you haven't put spacers on yet. I am running 26" on 5-2 wheels and after a slow motion roll over put 1.5" spacers on the rear and made a huge difference. Ride a lot in Braxton county.

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
hills are steep around elkview cant believe you haven't put spacers on yet. I am running 26" on 5-2 wheels and after a slow motion roll over put 1.5" spacers on the rear and made a huge difference. Ride a lot in Braxton county.
KYhillbilly, we usually don’t ride real fast. My butt has puckered up a few times. Had some close calls. LOL

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!