Pillar light mounts for pioneer 1000

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I've been trying to come up with how I want to add lights to the 1000. Do any of you know if this type of mount is available for or in the works for the pioneers?
72ccb984925febc00eedb8005c5e592c

If these could attach to the outside of the ROPS in this spot, it would go around the windshields and offer a variety of mounting options. (Up to a 50 inch light bar if a brace was run from one bracket to the other. Or individual cubes) Unfortunately, mounting a light bar to the roof is not an option for me.
Thanks.

Last edited:
B

bob3663

Lifetime Member
Mar 18, 2014
That's a sweet looking wolverine....lol

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Yes it is. And I really like your setup. I may have one of my friends try to make a mount like that for my pioneer. Do you think if a support was put from one support to the other, that a large lightbar could be mounted?

B

bob3663

Lifetime Member
Mar 18, 2014
They are very rigid mounts. If you got a lightbar that was exact on holes mounts it would work I think. I have seen a p1k in person. The bolts are recessed into the support bar. It would be tricky to get a mount like that to work unless you got longer bolts. But I don't know what that would do to rigidity. I would get specs on whatever lightbar you want to mount and see if its close to your support width. If it is you could put hole in Mount to make it fit. Personally I would mount a lightbar on roof or bumper and put the cubes on the support pillars. Hope that was helpful.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Very helpful. Thank you. I think you are right about keeping cubes in the pillar mounts. I have a couple other ideas but I will see where it takes me. I just went and looked again. You are right about the recessed bolts. This might get interesting.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
05f2afdca5286c5e029a7894415745b7

My pods are on tabs I welded onto the back of the stock bumper.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm taking it to a friend's shop on Wednesday evening to see what he can come up with. I will post up the results

Reactions: mystic1219
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about to add 4 cube lights to my 1000. They are on order so I have not seen them yet but my thoughts, based on my type of use, is to mount two on the top ROPS at the slight angle where the front meets the side ,facing somewhat between forward and to the side. This should give me good light into the areas where I would be turning into. The other two at the rear also attached to the ROPS at the top facing rearward. Depending on how everything lights up, I may mount the rear light pods on the center ROPS bar and get a little of that light down into to bed. Seeing what others are doing, I see many whom have mounted their lights quite low to the ground as an addition to the factory lighting. I find myself wondering if others have tried lights up high and found out it did not work well? I am very much interested in thoughts on this light placement.

Reactions: Everett
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The downside to mounting on the ROPS is you get reflection off the hood and it limits your ability to use windshield, doors, etc. if I mounted on the ROPS it would have to be where the bolts are to connect the upper and lower portions and make brackets that bolt on.

advertisement
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The downside to mounting on the ROPS is you get reflection off the hood and it limits your ability to use windshield, doors, etc. if I mounted on the ROPS it would have to be where the bolts are to connect the upper and lower portions and make brackets that bolt on.

This is clamp I was looking at. Makes perfect sense that facing directly forward the glare off the hood could be a problem. My intent to to kind of 45 degree them outward toward the side. They would probably not work with the hard roof.

Attachments

• 811zl0D3qUL.jpg
    811zl0D3qUL.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 594
mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
I'm taking it to a friend's shop on Wednesday evening to see what he can come up with. I will post up the results
Have you came up with anything? I will be designing a set of brackets soon for cube mounts and also a set to mount a 50" bar to the ROPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Have you came up with anything? I will be designing a set of brackets soon for cube mounts and also a set to mount a 50" bar to the ROPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
My friend was able to come up with the bracket shown in the picture below. He welded spacers to the back of the bracket so it mounted well in the recessed part of the ROPS where it bolts together. Then he put holes I. The back to run the wires. They worked great for the cube lights. But, I've decided to attach a 50+ inch light bar to those brackets and will then mount the cubes to the bumpers. I think the a pillar mounts will make a solid mounting point for a large light bar; if I can figure out a way that looks nice.5dfd01c95b82e21ed36136e2c19c123aEcc6e01b28210dec6ac6afc96a70ca55

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4A8070C9 0809 4534 BD7E FEBE73AF8680

Found these but their website doesn’t seem to work.

Reactions: Mcasto62

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!