Pioneer 1000 5 delux fire

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Steven218

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Expert
My favorite place to ride is: Hatfield mcoy

Received 1149830631754950

Reactions: Eltobgi
S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took in for clutch issues shop replaced clutches brought unit home and it caught fire about 35 minutes after riding.

Anyone else have fire related issues with thier honda? I need help!!!!

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda Corp says I'm out of luck because they caint determine that it was their fault

Received 1149830645088282

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
dang, hate to see that. any indication where it started? Was it insured?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That thing burned-for an hour or so, where the heck was someone with and extinguisher or a pump truck.
Welcome to forum,I would congratulate you but that's too late.
Unless you had full coverage and your getting a new one:cool:

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
He's right about the sun.
Them tires are melted and oozing away
That takes awhile

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He's right about the sun.
Them tires are melted and oozing away
That takes awhile

Honestly, I was just joking about it because these pictures were posted about a year ago by another user and this is just some one trying to start a long ranting thread rather than add any value to the forum.

I'll have to jump back into the regularly scheduled "why's the seat so hot" and "what's the biggest tire you can fit " threads... I'm done here

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Honestly, I was just joking about it because these pictures were posted about a year ago by another user and this is just some one trying to start a long ranting thread rather than add any value to the forum.

I'll have to jump back into the regularly scheduled "why's the seat so hot" and "what's the biggest tire you can fit " threads... I'm done here
lol.
Yep, Giving @Steven218 a chance then I will be removing it.

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No guys this is my sxs im not trying to troll anyone on her just looking for help and yes this happened almost a year ago. I did use a 20lb extinguisher to try to put it out but it didn't help any It burnt for almost a hour until nothing was left of it. and still fighting with honda to get this resolved. And no I didn' have any insurance at all.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
No guys this is my sxs im not trying to troll anyone on her just looking for help and yes this happened almost a year ago. I did use a 20lb extinguisher to try to put it out but it didn't help any It burnt for almost a hour until nothing was left of it. and still fighting with honda to get this resolved. And no I didn' have any insurance at all.
Looking for help? After one year?

You understand why that is difficult to believe...

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I totally understand from your end how it' hard to believe. But I actually just wrote it off until i received a product improvement letter the other day about the clutches and it has sparked everything back up again for me. I'e seen sever post about other Honda's catching fire and was really hope to get in contact with them to see what they have done or some advice for me

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yep I saw where you’d posted on FB a while back so I know it’s legit.

Not sure you’re gonna have much luck with Honda, unfortunately a fire that burns so completely destroys all the evidence so it’s hard to prove fault either way, but since you own it fault falls on you.

I had a buddy who lost his popo without insurance before I bought my 700, so I learned from his misfortune and got insurance just in case.

I feel for ya and hope for the best. The clutches are wet clutches and oil cooled and wouldn’t cause a fire.

Reactions: Plumber32
S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I posted it on every social media accoun I have hoping to grab the attention of honda or anyone else going thru the same situation as me and your right honda hasn't made any effort to help. It was my fault for not having it insured but it was a brand new machine with almost 400 miles on the clock. I just assumed it was clutch issues that caused the fire considering I picked it up a few hours prior to the fire with it being in the shop almost a month getting the clutches replaced and rode it for roughly 30 min before catching fire.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's polaris too I feel his pain!!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I posted it on every social media accoun I have hoping to grab the attention of honda or anyone else going thru the same situation as me and your right honda hasn't made any effort to help. It was my fault for not having it insured but it was a brand new machine with almost 400 miles on the clock. I just assumed it was clutch issues that caused the fire considering I picked it up a few hours prior to the fire with it being in the shop almost a month getting the clutches replaced and rode it for roughly 30 min before catching fire.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's polaris too I feel his pain!!!

Sounds more like the dealer did something but thats probably impossible to prove at this point.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!