BOX1

Pioneer 1000-5 initial service

C

CMcLaughlin

Apr 10, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just quoted $738 for the initial service on my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5. Does this seem right? (Mentioned checking valves-6 hour job)
This is my first SxS. I don’t want to spend that much, but also don’t want to jeopardize warranty or the machine.

Thank you,

C

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do you have more details for the club members on what else you are getting for your $738.00 price tage. Then others members can help you put everything in perspective and see if we can save you some money.

Reactions: TripleB and Raynman
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No, it's not "right" but it's in the range of typical dealer charges for an oil change.

• Wow
Reactions: TripleB and Raynman
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was just quoted $738 for the initial service on my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5. Does this seem right? (Mentioned checking valves-6 hour job)
This is my first SxS. I don’t want to spend that much, but also don’t want to jeopardize warranty or the machine.

Thank you,

C
I would say 6 hour job is for all the service so the price is right you could do the service yourself and skip the valves and save money. You can check the valves after you get more miles on it I had my valves done when I had over 4000 miles on mine.

R

rickoshea

my first service was around $300 canadian and the dealer went over the entire machine and gave me a copy of their check list,and it was comprehensive.

J

JakeLemon

Feb 24, 2021
Boise
Ownership

1. 500
I'm in the same position in Idaho. One Dealer quoted me $380 for the 1st service. Another quoted me $380 + supplies in the neighborhood of $200. Both said there may be warranty complications if DIY. Have yet to follow up on either. I recommend shopping around, even with no intent of going elseware.

G

GARedRyder

Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2021
Ranger, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my first 100 mile done last week. I got quotes from $350-900. I met with 1 of the Honda dealers that quoted me the about $350 and felt like they we’re good and honest. I was correct and happy I went there. My 1000-5 shifts so much quieter and smoother now. Shop around I had to drive about 1 hour to get there but saved a lot of $$.

Reactions: TripleB
D

Dean91

Jan 9, 2021
Mesa az
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was told that they only check the valves if they are noisy. My motor sounds just like it did on the day i bought it, now i have 126 miles and 9 hours on it, i am going to do my first service myself this weekend, the oil change kit that includes both the engine and dtc filters, orings, oil, and crush washers ran me $80 from Amazon. There are plenty of videos on youtube on how to do this, i would say dirt and diesel is the best one, he took off the skid plate to show you exactly what you are draining. I just saved myself at least $500 doing it myself vs taking it to the dealer.

Reactions: TripleB
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I would say 6 hour job is for all the service so the price is right you could do the service yourself and skip the valves and save money. You can check the valves after you get more miles on it I had my valves done when I had over 4000 miles on mine.
Are P1000 engine valves adjusted or shimmed?

Did your valves require adjustment or shims @ 4000 miles?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Are P1000 engine valves adjusted or shimmed?

Did your valves require adjustment or shims @ 4000 miles?
I had them done they said the exhaust needed to be adjusted. It cost me around $ 200.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!