P1000m5 pioneer 1000-5 kimpex tracks

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put tracks on my pioneer 1000, I previously had an artic cat, I had to run tracks in 4 wheel drive all the time on the artic cat, do I have to run 4 wheel all the time on the pioneer.I have ran it in 2 on hard roads and it seems fine, just don't want to wreck anything. anyone with knowledge on running tracks on a 1000,please advise me, thanks

Pioneer tracks Pioneer Pioneer1

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been running 4x4 (never front locked) for the last three years with zero issues. A couple of times the spousal unit had it in 2x4 and it seemed to work fine on flat snowpacked roads. Everything around here pretty much stays in 4×4until March anyway.

Reactions: aprils_fool
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just put tracks on my pioneer 1000, I previously had an artic cat, I had to run tracks in 4 wheel drive all the time on the artic cat, do I have to run 4 wheel all the time on the pioneer.I have ran it in 2 on hard roads and it seems fine, just don't want to wreck anything. anyone with knowledge on running tracks on a 1000,please advise me, thanks

View attachment 169078 View attachment 169079 View attachment 169080
I don't think you'll damage anything running in 2wd if conditions allow it, as long as there is enough friction on the front tracks to make them turn. If they begin to slip/slide/drag it will put extra stress on the steering & suspension components but not to the point of causing damage IMO.

Can I ask what this kit cost you? @aprils_fool is looking for a kit as well.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think you'll damage anything running in 2wd if conditions allow it, as long as there is enough friction on the front tracks to make them turn. If they begin to slip/slide/drag it will put extra stress on the steering & suspension components but not to the point of causing damage IMO.

Can I ask what this kit cost you? @aprils_fool is looking for a kit as well.
Cost was right at 4800.free shipping, they are made by Soucy which is a brand I had on my combine one wet year, real lifesavers and never got close to getting stuck.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 169078 View attachment 169079 View attachment 169080
That looks like fun! If I had tracks. I would need a snow machine! HA!

M

Mobius396

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2019
Muskego, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long do tracks last before needing to be replaced? Do you have to do sprockets and rollers like a skidloader? Around how much does it all cost? I'm just wondering because I see used tracks once in a while.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long do tracks last before needing to be replaced? Do you have to do sprockets and rollers like a skidloader? Around how much does it all cost? I'm just wondering because I see used tracks once in a while.
i used them on my prowler for 3 years, then engine blew, tracks were still good,I only used them in winter though,routine maintenance and they should last many winters. track alignment and tension,I never did anything but adjust tension on mine, SXS wouldnt do much good up here in the winter without tracks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!