P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 OEM Full Cab Enclosure Questions

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 2nd gen doors i installed them myself. What a pain in the #ss first the passenger side fit really good drivers side not so good hard to close rubbed roll cage on the back badly. I took the plastic holder in the front and thru them in the trash made new upper door holders attached them to the roll cage works well no door trying open at speed. After that it still rubbed hard on the back iam pissed so i took upper door apart their is a sleeve that holds the pipe together it slipped when they put it together making the door a 1/2 inch to big cut the rivets off slid it together now it fits as it should same as passenger side.Also sealed the bottom now its about 90% sealed good enought JOE

Reactions: toddvdh
B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the 2nd gen doors i installed them myself. What a pain in the #ss first the passenger side fit really good drivers side not so good hard to close rubbed roll cage on the back badly. I took the plastic holder in the front and thru them in the trash made new upper door holders attached them to the roll cage works well no door trying open at speed. After that it still rubbed hard on the back iam pissed so i took upper door apart their is a sleeve that holds the pipe together it slipped when they put it together making the door a 1/2 inch to big cut the rivets off slid it together now it fits as it should same as passenger side.Also sealed the bottom now its about 90% sealed good enought JOE
Any pics?
knowing what you know, any regrets ?

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if you buy them and think your done your not .The straps that open the door are a joke if they pop off you cant' get in.That can be fixed also.But i had sizmek doors on another sxs they were ok but leaked air bad. I take my doors on and off a lot even in the summer if i go chuck hunting and think its going to rain i put them on dry place for me and my gun.I think honda should of looked at a jeep for their soft cab setups.It works for them and they go 90 mph. JOE

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!