P1000 Pioneer 1000 Canadian availability

cows4milk

cows4milk

Jun 4, 2016
NW Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone. I've been shopping for a bit of time for a sxs, was keeping an eye on what was for sale locally used, almost bought a holdover 900 XP Ranger about a year ago, was looking at the Mule Pro FXT then have been toying with the idea of buying a Pioneer 1000 since they came out.

I found some time to run into my local dealer early May, had made the decision in my mind to pull the trigger on a new Pioneer. They only had one being prepped for delivery in the shop, none on the floor - looked the shop one over and put down my deposit.

Deciding what to buy was easy - only one choice to make - 3 or 5 seater. If I wanted a 3, they thought the next one in would be orange. If I wanted white (only two colors available in Canada in a 3 seat) I might be waiting until August. Or October. If I wanted a 5 seater, my colors were red or silver, with only the deluxe models available for Canada. I could put my cash down and take the next one (likely red) or wait for whenever (months?) for the other color.

I decided to go with the 5 seater (red? maybe? see when it gets here?) and have been waiting since. Occasionally call the dealer and check whats up and they seem frustrated over the whole situation. They told me they can sell whatever they get but Honda just doesn't send units to them. A salesman told me the first 5 units they had deposits on (after the introduction of the Pioneer 1000 last year) all backed out after waiting many months with no units. This is a multi brand dealer - they also sell Polaris - and the salesman lamented to me "when Polaris introduces a new model I can order and have it on the floor in two weeks - with Honda we can wait months and months and still have no idea when units will arrive". Since the introduction of the new Pioneer they have sold about a dozen of them so they are not a huge dealer by any means.

I phoned again today and the sales manager told me she was just about to send an email to her Honda rep to see when my Pioneer would be in - they had originally thought early June but now had no idea. I told her I would rather wait for the Honda than come in and pick up a new Polaris from the showroom.

I don't have any complaints with the dealer - or really anyone - it is what it is and my Pioneer, whatever color it may be, will eventually show up. I was just curious if this is typical for a Canadian dealer to have trouble getting units - or if this is a more isolated problem for this individual dealer. We are not that far from the USA - about 40 miles but I would rather deal with my local dealer than figure out how to trick Honda into allowing a Canadian to buy a new unit in Minnesota. So for now, I wait...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!