E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm sure. Honda gives it in writing that these safety improvements are 100% covered whether you bought it used, new, or from a non-honda dealer. If your Honda dealer says they are going to charge you ... they are thieves. Go somewhere else. These 3 updates are free, no shop fees or lubricant fees, etc....free. There are copies of the quality recall in this club's recall notices.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You sure? That doesn’t make any sense.

My posts were based upon this fact! Didn’t sound like a bad clutch pack to me. @TylerMarkham did you accidentally shift it from high to low while movingo_O

Reactions: BWAF, JTW and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My posts were based upon this fact! Didn’t sound like a bad clutch pack to me. @TylerMarkham did you accidentally shift it from high to low while movingo_O
Agree. Moving in H rules out clutches and points to sub transmission. If it's not the cable Hondatech mentioned then shes going to need cracked open.
Not too big of a tasks at which a home machanic couldn't handle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I must have missed the R working in high.. and I really don’t see how a cable is the issue if it works in high.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I must have missed the R working in high.. and I really don’t see how a cable is the issue if it works in high.
R doesn’t work at all, but in drive and high gear shifts as it should, ruling out clutch pack.

Reactions: sharp, BWAF and JTW
advertisement
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You may want to check the shifter box located under the dump body fwd left side. Mine was so out of adjustment nothing was working right. A simple adjustment in the 2WD mode made everything work! Worth a check as it is easy and fast, and best of all free.

T

TylerMarkham

Nov 8, 2018
Ripley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK! SO here's what has happened as of this last post. I took to a honda dealership, they said it DID have the 4 recalls showing. They told me that the clutch cover update they were seeing a lot of. Told them the symptoms, they said "thats what we have been seeing come in lately" Well, after almost 4 weeks of it being in the shop, me calling every 3-4 days to check in, it finally got repaired. So I called them and asked if I had a bill, (keep in mind they have NEVER called me one time - not for an update of any sort - I always had to call them) and they said "yes, we are done with the work and the issue with your machine WAS NOT related to the recalls and that it was "Shifting knuckles in the transmission being worn out and causing it not to go in gear" and that it WAS NOT covered and I owed them 1100 bucks! So what the heck would you guys do? IM NOT OK WITH THIS and I feel like they are lying. Im going in tomorrow to pick it up. I even called honda corporate, they started a case and noted all of what Im saying. They have checked into it and can "only see what the dealerships notes are, which is that the issue was in the transmission" and they said this is at the store level, that they have recorded my complaint of them wrongfully charging me for work i DID NOT AUTHORIZE and that I need to work it out with the store. Does this not sound like 2 diff lies?

1. that the issue IS NOT in the clutch recall, but that its inside the transmission???
(i think thats total bull and im going to ask to see the parts and see what they changed on the machine. They said "2 gears and some rods and gaskets" If i remember correctly)
2. That they should be able to bill me for work i didn't authorize without contacting me????

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

With any R.O we start, we always have our customers sign for a certain amount of diagnostic time, say maybe a hour or two.

If we need anymore time or will have to dissemble anything inside the engine we call first to authorize, unless ample time was given and we discussed that with the customer at drop off.

It sounds to me like you had a sticking clutch from the get go and it was never caught. This caused the trans to always be engaged when shifting from P-N-H-L and eventually were the dogs off a couple trans gears. I've seen a few machines creep at idle in gear, some so bad that theyll take off on flat ground without the brake applied. Most of these can be taken care of with a clutch reinitialization. I've only ever been in 1 that the customer never comlained about until he couldnt get it in reverse.

Did your unit have a hard time shifting into any of the gears? Did it creep at idle?

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!