Pioneer 1000 Tire Recommendations

S

sdgrandson

Jan 2, 2021
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 (5 seater). It has off road tires, 27x9 R14’s on the front, and 27x11 R14’s on the back. The back tires I am running on my Pioneer are 2 inches wider than the fronts and I think it causes tracking issues. Two questions:

1). What tire pressure should I be running with the off road tires? and
2). I want to replace my current tires with street legal tires. What brand and size do you recommend? Thanks for your help.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the club

1. There are probably 100 threads discussing these points. Use the search function at top.

Pressure depends on the tire and type of riding but probably around 10 lbs.

2. There are many threads about street legal tires. Do you want LT tires or dot approved UTV tires?

Click the magnifying glass at top to search.

S

sdgrandson

Jan 2, 2021
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m new to ATV‘s & UTV’s so I’m pretty much clueless. I want the best tire recommendation for use on gravel and blacktop roads. Also, I have 14 inch rims. In addition to tire recommendation, I also need advice on tire width. I currently have 9 inch wide on the front and 11 inch wide on the rear.

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!