Pioneer 4 Trailer

M

motorman587

Sep 12, 2013
5x10 and you have be straight on..........tight but it works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 2,422
F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
5x10 IMO.....because a 5' wide trailer will track better in your vehicle wheel tracks. BIG THING in snow. Also more nimble and easier to drive.

OOOps. I was responding to a question that failed to post. Question was which was better a 5' wide or a 6' wide trailer. I like the 5' but it better be all of 5' wide....or fit could become an issue.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Very right fit. I would like to have a 5 ft trailer vs the 7ft wide one I have. Be a lot easier to pull behind my wife's Jeep.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
The problem I had with my 5x12 was the fact it was not really 5' on the inside of the rails. It was only off by a half inch however a half inch is like a half mile when it comes to getting on a trailer

Reactions: Rayrule
P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I have looked at a lot of options from custom enclosed (I didn't like the fact it would have to be so tall) to car haulers (to heavy) and just standard open trailers(which I have decided will best fit our family's needs). I was going to go with a 6x14 single axel open but I did not like the fact the axel seemed to far back which caused the tongue to be heavy and it looked like I would have to park at the back of the trailer to put the weight over the axel. I was concerned with tongue weight because when I am hooking up to the trailer by myself I would rather pick up the tongue and move it over instead of trying to get in and out of the truck 200 times. I know I need a back-up camera but I just paid cash for a 4 with a fold out windshield a hard top and a new trailer (not trying to brag just saying my wife will choke me out if spend on anymore toys) so any way I have talked a lot with a buddy of mine who is a trailer dealer and for me and all the reasons above I have ordered a 6x12, I think it will track well behind my full size truck and it will hold the pioneer with a little room on each side. I thought about a 6.5x12 so if I wanted bigger tires later on I would have room for them but decided bigger tires would also get me choked out.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneeringfamily said:
I have looked at a lot of options from custom enclosed (I didn't like the fact it would have to be so tall) to car haulers (to heavy) and just standard open trailers(which I have decided will best fit our family's needs). I was going to go with a 6x14 single axel open but I did not like the fact the axel seemed to far back which caused the tongue to be heavy and it looked like I would have to park at the back of the trailer to put the weight over the axel. I was concerned with tongue weight because when I am hooking up to the trailer by myself I would rather pick up the tongue and move it over instead of trying to get in and out of the truck 200 times. I know I need a back-up camera but I just paid cash for a 4 with a fold out windshield a hard top and a new trailer (not trying to brag just saying my wife will choke me out if spend on anymore toys) so any way I have talked a lot with a buddy of mine who is a trailer dealer and for me and all the reasons above I have ordered a 6x12, I think it will track well behind my full size truck and it will hold the pioneer with a little room on each side. I thought about a 6.5x12 so if I wanted bigger tires later on I would have room for them but decided bigger tires would also get me choked out.

Congrats on the new toy she is a beast.
Not sure where you are.... There is a trailer dealer near me that I bought a 2x3" tubing 6x12' dovetail from, 3500lb axle, 15" tires, with ramp and wood floors for $1100 cash, Lowes wanted $1899 +tax for same.

Fits on the 6x12 and loads the tongue perfect, if you center the rear foot wells just ahead of the trailer axle.

Www.vvtrailers.com

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I have a 5X8 and with the rear ramp removed the Pioneer will fit, it does hang off the back of the trailer a bit. To get proper tongue weight I had to load it backwards.

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
Here is mine on a 6' x 12' 8" Leaves room for other stuff. This is balanced very well.

Attachments

• Pioneer.jpg
    Pioneer.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 3,943
chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
I have trailer that is exactly 60" wide, I tried to put the pioneer on it one night, but it appeared to be just a little too narrow. What's the actual measurement on your 5' trailers? Have I just knocked the steering that far out maybe?

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I am getting a 77" X 16' tandem for the P4 and FourTrax together and anything I want to bring, coolers, cookers, etc.

D

dynabob2007

Oct 18, 2014
Think I'm going to get a5x10 trailer with the ramp. I like random trailers because of the younger weight, and the way they pull so much better in general.....

16HP700-4Blue

Mar 27, 2017
Wilkes barre, PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I only had a 5x8 from Lowes the day I picked up my 700-4. Only towed it once. The pegs that hold the loading gate scratched the front wheels and I needed someone's help to load it but it fit. Towed it 80 miles from the dealer with no issues. A week and a half later I bought a 6x12 from Lowes on sale for 1500 and am really happy with it.235da6bcfb1b8fa28629362722760fbeBc4a90284be02bc054f193583a5d2fda

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My landscape trailer needs some maintenance but it is a 5'X10' with 2' high mesh walls. I may trade it in for something like a 6x12'. I'd like to add a truck tool box up in the front.
IMG 0318

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
  • Seeing how I just bought my P5 yesterday and I picked it up using a much larger trailer. So, today I drove it up onto the 5'x10' trailer I planned on using pictured in my last post. After setting it on the trailer I, couldn't open the P5 door, a challenge to get out, difficult to see pulling in and out with the 2' high sides and little room left for storage of other stuff. I've decided to clean it up, paint it and either sell it or trade it in for a wider-longer trailer with shorter walls.
  • IMG 0351
    IMG 0350

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I went 18' tandem...but needed to fit 3 dirt bikes behind it...LOL.

I can actually fit one bike next to the Pioneer since I load it to full right side and tie it down over the tires with E-track straps.

Just agree...ya never know when ya need more room. :)

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah I got a 6'-4'' x 12. I like it and there's plenty of room and its easy to load.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!