BOX1

P500 Pioneer 500 LEGIT 4 Seater it needs FEEDBACK POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE

B

bradyco94

May 26, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
It could use some feedback! Bolt-On 3 piece kit. Very strong, mounted with grade 8 hardware. Comfortable for 1 adult, 2 small adults, or 2 children. Handles surprisingly well especially with the right shock adjustments, tire pressures, larger tires, and spacers. 36" bucket bench suspension seat, 2- 4-point harnesses, can be set up for only one harness if needed. Removable when ever you want to take it off. Should this be on the market?

20190925 192402

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It could use some feedback! Bolt-On 3 piece kit. Very strong, mounted with grade 8 hardware. Comfortable for 1 adult, 2 small adults, or 2 children. Handles surprisingly well especially with the right shock adjustments, tire pressures, larger tires, and spacers. 36" bucket bench suspension seat, 2- 4-point harnesses, can be set up for only one harness if needed. Removable when ever you want to take it off. Should this be on the market?

View attachment 157977
Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Looks very well built and designed, my only constructive criticism would be that maybe a rearward facing seat would be less bulky and give you more legroom. Kind of like some golf carts have.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like it.
Is there room for adding some grab handles and steps if there is room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are you looking at making these? If so...

I would think the liability of it would be prohibitive. Looks really well made and plenty strong, but someone will flip it, kill the kid(s), and sue you.

Personally, if you try it, I'd like the seats more forward (or reversed, as someone suggested), and a roll cage connecting to the main cage. Just forget the factory rack all together, and get it as low and forward as possible. And get legal advice on what you need to do to protect yourself.

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Are you looking at making these? If so...

I would think the liability of it would be prohibitive. Looks really well made and plenty strong, but someone will flip it, kill the kid(s), and sue you.

Personally, if you try it, I'd like the seats more forward (or reversed, as someone suggested), and a roll cage connecting to the main cage. Just forget the factory rack all together, and get it as low and forward as possible. And get legal advice on what you need to do to protect yourself.
I 100% agree with this comment. I like it but would look at legal liability if you do move forward. The reason I say this is when I was looking at SxS I called my insurance and asked about converting a 4seater to a 5 and they said it was a no go. By doing so if I was in an accident and someone in the converted seat was hurt it was at there discretion if they where going to cover it or not.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@iowaguy did a nice setup with the 500-4.
P500 - Pioneer 500-4 build
Might be a few suggestions in there that could help.
One thing I’ve got to say is I agree with a few above statements about safety and lawsuits, it’s a real thing! Building something that wasn’t incorporated into a machine from the factory takes all liability away from the manufacture and places it on the aftermarket party. A roll cage is essential but even if the cage was thoughtful and thoroughly tested it’ll still be scrutinized. The 500 is very well known to be tippy and any heightened weight will effect it adversely.
Now with the safety bulls*** out of the way, I like the idea. I think many would and could be an option to getting a few more people through the trails.

Reactions: L2R and Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it looks nice and agree with all the issues the guys commented on above. I would like to hear about how it handles on average trail conditions and would you change to s heavier shock to handle your set up? I have owned the 500 before and really enjoyed it. It just seems with trail supplies and the weight of additional people and their weight that high up it would make dramatic difference it how and where you rode.

Reactions: Mudwing and L2R
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
The company I work for distributes engines and parts for the welded aluminum jet boat industry, and liability is a huge issue. Whenever we come out with a new product we have to spend a huge amount of time dealing with the issue of liability before we ever put something into production. Not only do we spend the time developing warning labels, and instructions we also spend a lot of money on product liability insurance. I guess my bottom line comment would be that unless you are going to have a huge profit margin, or sell a lot of volume that would make the risk worth the reward do not get involved.

Reactions: iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

View attachment 157977
My concern with this would be the weight you are putting behind the rear wheels, when I made our setup the back of the seats were directly over the rear axle and the seats were only 1" higher then the drivers seat keeping center of gravity low, I also had doors and 3 pt harness.I had many people that wanted me to make them for them but didn't want anything to do with it for liability reasons, sure l could have made money in this venture, but if one person had gotten injured because of riding back there I could never forgive myself, when we used them it was only on railroad beds that were turned into atv trails or around the house yard, the big problem with marketing them is you don't know how they are used

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!