P500 Pioneer 500 or kymco 450

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
I'm looking at the honda pioneer 500.My friend has a kymco 450 and loves it and he thinks I should get the kymco. Please tell me why you think I should buy the honda over the kymco. I say reliability but he claims the kymco is reliable.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And another reason is the Honda doesn't use a CVT!

Reactions: Fordman
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
what is the price difference? If it is even close, I would go with the Honda.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm looking at the honda pioneer 500.My friend has a kymco 450 and loves it and he thinks I should get the kymco. Please tell me why you think I should buy the honda over the kymco. I say reliability but he claims the kymco is reliable.

What does everyone say on the KYMCO forums? OH they don't have that kind of following, should answer your question right there. Other than that I can say I love my P500 for all of its versatility in being able to go where the 4-wheelers can due to it's width.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
I looked at them myself and from past experience I went with the Honda and after a couple months of riding and working the p500 I breath a sigh of relief. It's all what a person wants and what everyone owns is the best of course.

If a family member ask me this same question I would point the toward Honda. I take mine in tight tough terrain and work it like a mule.

Btw we rode yesterday, p500 and my 98 Honda 4 wheeler that still runs like new, imo that speaks out for Honda.

Reactions: Fordman and Lenny
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran into several people riding the Kymcos and a few friends HAD a kymco because they supposedly had "more power" according to the sales guy than a comparably sized polaris, one "salesman" even claimed that the kymco 450 SXS had more power than the ranger 900 and upcoming pioneer 1000. "Snakeoil came included for free"

Everyone I ran into felt like they bought an inferior machine to a polaris! All of my friends have since bought can-am or Honda.

While they may end up being like Hyundai has and developing a competitive product. I think it's going to take them a decade or more to get the issues to a polaris level and I don't think they will ever catch up with Honda considering Honda has the automotive, power equipment, marine, and even aerospace programs to partner with and share technology with.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
RESALE VALUE!

advertisement
J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
Anytime I am dropping that kind of cash I am going to go with a brand that I trust. HONDA

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
You guys have brought up some good points that I haven't thought of.Thank you. My gut told me go Honda and I'm sticking to it.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You guys have brought up some good points that I haven't thought of.Thank you. My gut told me go Honda and I'm sticking to it.
Good choice and welcome to the club!

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
PARTS! Can easily gets parts now and in the future.
Service - Most every builder/shop/etc will work on a Honda
Resale (as mentioned) - try selling a 10 year old Honda (no problem), now try a Kymco.....
Aftermarket support - Everyone knows Honda and the aftermarket is stepping up with some nice stuff

Reactions: Lenny
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Lenny !!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My father in law owns a 2012 kymco 4 seater with last time I saw it only about 500 miles hadn't done an oil change in it and went with us camping this 4th of July it quit running (if you called that running) and oil light came on. Checked it it was out required a crazy funnel to fill it. It had this hooky long tube going into the motor but still wasn't long enough. He will be buying Honda soon but even with the low miles said he still couldn't get enough to pay the loan off. At the time he bought it I (he would've bought Honda) told him to at least buy Polaris as Honda didn't something out yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!