BOX1
K

kubel

Nov 24, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Just a little dusting, hoping to get more snow next week so I can really see how well it does.

2020 Honda Pioneer 500
KFI 105060 Pro-S 60" Plow
KFI 101215 Front Plow Mount
KFI 105635 Plow Push Tube
Superwinch Terra 35SR
DJI Pocket 2 camera on a SUPON Super Clamp

Other mods / accessories:
Kemimoto UTV Side Mirrors
A&S Half Windshield
JBK Xtreme 2 bluetooth speaker on a Bushwhacker speaker mount
Black Boar UTV tow ball mount with winch strap loop
Open Trail hard roof
Kolpin Rhino Grips
48" Tractor Supply Aluminum toolbox
Strong Made basket
Silent Rider BT500 Auxiliary Muffler

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Cool Video. My question is, how does one plow a gravel drive way without tearing everything up?

Reactions: J80
K

kubel

Nov 24, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Cool Video. My question is, how does one plow a gravel drive way without tearing everything up?

Included with most blades are skid shoes that you install at each end of the blade. They are circular pads that space the blade to ride just above the gravel without disrupting too much of it (you can adjust the depth how you like). Otherwise you have to float your blade which is difficult if your driveway dips because the blade is pretty far ahead of the front wheels.

Reactions: CaboJim
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Again if it's frozen, or extremely hard packed. I run the skids on mine too and think most probably do, no sense wearing down the cutting edge. My experience was having several loads of stone brought in over the yrs, crushed concrete, limestone, even asphalt millings. Lay it down, hit it with a plate compactor and drive on it for months. First snow and not frozen the skids dug in and broke through the crust allowing the blade to drop. Didn't feel any different from the seat, the machine pushed it easy. Operator error no doubt, just trying to help someone else not leave a windrow of stone down their driveway. :rolleyes:
Btw, good choice on the plow, I run the full KFI setup too. This'll be the 5th year, never had an issue.

Plowing

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I plowed snow for many years and one thing which worked well for me on my concrete drive (no scratching) and glided well over gravel along with adjusting the shoes was a rubber squeegee between the cutting blade and plow recessed about 1" down, similar to this one found on the internet, see link for full details FRONT PLOW

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!