HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have a 2016 Pioneer 500 I bought new that hasn't been abused or crashed .
A few weeks ago I was headed out to go on a ride and I heard a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the top of the windshield on the drivers side . After pushing and pulling on everything trying to find where the noise was coming from I saw that the front (right-left} roll bar weld
had broken off from the left (front-back) roll bar .
I'm not knocking Honda , I love all mine from my oooold XR 200 to my Talon and all the rest in between .
I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar roll bar failure .
I am hoping that since it is the most crucial safety aspect of a SXS that Honda will make good on it and replace it but it's been three weeks since our local dealer contacted them .

Roll bar

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! Tough to deny that’s just a product failure. Hopefully Big Red replaces your ROPS under warranty/good faith.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
that sucks! But if u look at the brake, the weld is intact so your issue looks to be the bar itself. You can try and contact them about it, but its a 2016 and they most likely will not do a thing. Honda has bigger fish to fry. things like your location from say salt corrosion, some mud corrosion like in Georgia and Alabama can all be a cause.
if it was only a yr or 2 old, yes Id raise some hell. That said, If I was in your spot I would clean up the area good and weld it back together even stronger and be done with it.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
that sucks! But if u look at the brake, the weld is intact so your issue looks to be the bar itself. You can try and contact them about it, but its a 2016 and they most likely will not do a thing. Honda has bigger fish to fry. things like your location from say salt corrosion, some mud corrosion like in Georgia and Alabama can all be a cause.
if it was only a yr or 2 old, yes Id raise some hell. That said, If I was in your spot I would clean up the area good and weld it back together even stronger and be done with it.
We are in a virtual 0 rust climate . It's just a ROPS failure plain and simple . Is it an easy fix ? Absolutely . We'll see

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
We are in a virtual 0 rust climate . It's just a ROPS failure plain and simple . Is it an easy fix ? Absolutely . We'll see
3971E175 1D61 43A8 91A0 7E024D11EABE
Not rust free in pa on my 2015. This is on the passenger side,the drives side has a some surface rust. Bottom of the pipe seems solid.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Will see? About what, how your good your weld is?

Reactions: Mudder and Buggyman
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It looks like Honda has had some failures. If there is good weld penetration, then the added gusset is a good improvement. All the added gussets at the bends on improved 2022 roll cage are more to prevent bending in a roll over. The 2022 500 and 2021 and 2022 520 have the new roll bar frame section with the gusset. The rear roof roll bar section has an added gusset too. There is no pre-load where the weld failed so the stress must be from uneven terrain causing one wheel to lift. The failed roll bar section cost is $285,22 for the improved 2022 roll bar, the older roll bar without the gusset cost is about $10.00 higher. Huck and I have the same local dealer and after 10 days it doesn't look they will get it covered but customer relations might. We compared the roll bar on his 500 and my 520 and it looks like the only difference is the added gusset.

2022RollBar
IMG 0604

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!