Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Don't really understand why they made it so hard to put into reverse. Just a Honda thing I guess. Mine won't go to neutral, let alone reverse, unless it standing still. There's absolutely no reason for the reverse lever
Agree, adjusting the cable to never pull it again an easy fix to a complicated design..Hope the engineer that designed it knows his work was eliminated with a turn of a nut. Ditch the expense of the pull lever and add a glove box instead.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hope the engineer that designed it knows his work was eliminated with a turn of a nut.
Have to wonder if that engineer doesn't smile to himself every time some one 'discovers' how to do this knowing his design meets the requirement to have a two motion engagement for reverse while also providing a way for the people using the system to be a little bit more satisfied with there p500.
I think vehicles that create long term satisfaction are why I keep returning to Honda again and again.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did the reverse delete to mine this weekend. Best 10 minute mod I've done on my P500 and definitely the cheapest.
Seat belt speed limiter delete by removing a internal buckle piece is another good freebie for in/out chores on the property.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
The seat belt delete will probably happen. Though I like the fact when the kids use it they have to buckle up to go faster than 14. If it were just me it would be done.

Reactions: Mudder and monaco
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Seat belt speed limiter delete by removing a internal buckle piece is another good freebie for in/out chores on the property.

STILL need to do this one...

Reactions: monaco
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The seat belt delete will probably happen. Though I like the fact when the kids use it they have to buckle up to go faster than 14. If it were just me it would be done.
You can wire a seat belt limiter delete to a hidden switch. ;)

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
OK ! The good , everything . If you did your research and bought a P5 for what it is , it is an awesome little machine !
OK ! The bad , They ride ruff and aren't comfortable . If you did your research , you new this going in .
OK ! The ugly , They aren't pretty .
I have a RZR 900 trail (50") , A Talon X , and the Pioneer 500 in my SXS collection . The Pioneer gets used most often , partially because all the trails out my back door are 50'' trails BUT it is just a lot of fun .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have to wonder if that engineer doesn't smile to himself every time some one 'discovers' how to do this knowing his design meets the requirement to have a two motion engagement for reverse while also providing a way for the people using the system to be a little bit more satisfied with there p500.
I think vehicles that create long term satisfaction are why I keep returning to Honda again and again.
Are you smiling?
I actually don't/didn't have an issue with the reverse setup. But I don't plow either.
OK ! The good , everything . If you did your research and bought a P5 for what it is , it is an awesome little machine !
OK ! The bad , They ride ruff and aren't comfortable . If you did your research , you new this going in .
OK ! The ugly , They aren't pretty .
I have a RZR 900 trail (50") , A Talon X , and the Pioneer 500 in my SXS collection . The Pioneer gets used most often , partially because all the trails out my back door are 50'' trails BUT it is just a lot of fun .
I'm actually OK with the looks. New 520 even more so.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Honda said they're going to continue to make the 500 but, if I read it correctly, it'll only be available in red.
Just wondering if that would fall under good, bad or ugly? 🥣😁
Being their most bulletproof, seems they would always keep it on the lineup....👍

Reactions: trigger and monaco
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
RED Honda's have always had the most POWER & DEPENDABILITY.
One of the many reasons we buy Honda (Red & the other colors )
All the other colors came later & hopping some of the Red glory rubs off & ( Sells )

That's why we buy & accessorize to our individual Liking , Wants & Needs.

Reactions: Mudwing and monaco
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!