Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
20230305 142532
Here is what happens in 2'-3' of snow when you forget to put it in 4WD 🤣

We started pulling winch line until I realized it wasn't in 4WD, once I did it climbed out on its own

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
We finally got a bit more snow and had drifting enough that with wheels I could have gotten the buggy stuck and probably buried in a couple spots. With the tracks it didn’t even break a sweat- stopping in drifts, turning in drifts. It never hinted at spinning down. The drifts were compacted some so it remains to be tested how I’ll do in fresh snow, but this thing is just really good with the Camso X4S tracks. Here’s some clips I put together:

Jlojub

Jlojub

Jan 3, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
jcart if your really worried about flotation you can use th UTV 4s1 like I have. They have even larger footprint. Do require more hp and room though.
i was pulling an 8foot pallet around to groom trails. Bought a 7296 happy trails groomer yesterday. Unfortunately won’t likely get to test this year.

BDAEE5C4 3320 4DF1 A47F AB86DAB65FB7

Reactions: Buckaroo41
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
@scottn57 Scott - thanks for posting the videos and the review of the X4S. I've been on the major debate train still. Wondering the performance on them without the locker...I've got PS, but have been too much of a pansy to tackle the locker.

Any new updates? Still liking them?

Reactions: scottn57
scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
In January WNY finally got enough snow to test the capabilities of the tracks, and I have to say I was truly impressed with how well the little Pioneer 500 did. The only things that caused issues were a) an off camber turn in very deep snow- remedied by backing up a bit and taking a different angle, and b) going up a steep snow bank from the road- it took a few forward/reverse cycles to pack it down a a a bit so that it wouldn’t be high centered.

During the testing I never felt like it struggled- it just lugged along and plowed through. As long as you can go backwards you’re all good.

Unfortunately the snow didn’t hit any actual trails I have access to but I made this goofy video of me testing it out in my yard with 4’ft of snow fall. I didn’t even try got get my snowmobile out as it would have really struggled and probably gotten stuck a few times.

Deep Snow Test for Honda Pioneer 500 with Camso X4S Tracks

Last edited:
scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
@scottn57 Scott - thanks for posting the videos and the review of the X4S. I've been on the major debate train still. Wondering the performance on them without the locker...I've got PS, but have been too much of a pansy to tackle the locker.

Any new updates? Still liking them?
Yes, although we have not had any snow that sticks around, so still not a lot of chance to use them. See the video for me testing it in some deep snow.
Post in thread 'Pioneer 500 w/Camso X4S Tracks'
P500 - Pioneer 500 w/Camso X4S Tracks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!