P700 Pioneer 700 trail

Digger1720

Digger1720

Feb 28, 2016
anywhere in the forest
With the addition of the 6 speed dual clutch transmission Honda has all of the pieces available for an awesome trail machine. Use the 500 frame so you could ride of the 50" trails. Put in the 700 engine with the additional displacement and torque would help in rock crawling and top speed, the 500 engine is a good power plant but I believe it is a little small. Add the 6 speed dual clutch transmission for easy shifting with the paddle shifters. Use the available power steering on different models and you have a winner. Any thoughts

Reactions: Tflynn
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
With the addition of the 6 speed dual clutch transmission Honda has all of the pieces available for an awesome trail machine. Use the 500 frame so you could ride of the 50" trails. Put in the 700 engine with the additional displacement and torque would help in rock crawling and top speed, the 500 engine is a good power plant but I believe it is a little small. Add the 6 speed dual clutch transmission for easy shifting with the paddle shifters. Use the available power steering on different models and you have a winner. Any thoughts
Welcome to the club, you have some good ideas there, by the looks of your photo, you must be building a log cabin.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like what you're thinking there. I guess it's not that they can't do it, they just haven't... Sooooo WE have to build it! My long term dream 700 build, in addition to what I've already done, will be-

Bucket seats

Custom bed, maybe flat bed?

Arched a-arms that also stretch the wheel base a bit

More power

6 speed tranny from 1000 or 5 speed from 500 (someone WILL do this eventually right?)

Long travel suspension

Full custom cage

I think almost all of these mods will be available from the aftermarket at some point, or I can try to do some myself. Either way I've got a long expensive and FUN road ahead...

Reactions: joeymt33
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
That would be fun but I'm happy now.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just getting some fire wood for camp. Was very impressed with how much fire wood I could haul.

I'm wondering if you're gonna make that young man split all that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!