pioneer 700 wont start

T

Thelma1994

Feb 11, 2014
I have a 2014 honda pioneer 700. I used it to plow snow and haul wood every other day. It has 307 miles on it. When it's cold it works fine. When it's warm, it loses speed to around 13 mph. If you press the gas pedal, it sounds like it's starving for gas

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have a 2014 honda pioneer 700. I used it to plow snow and haul wood every other day. It has 307 miles on it. When it's cold it works fine. When it's warm, it loses speed to around 13 mph. If you press the gas pedal, it sounds like it's starving for gas
Hummm...
Have you given it a basic check over? Oil level ok? Is the filter ok? Is air flow being restrictive? Does it change gears? Is the display flashing?
Oh... How about the muffler? There were a few problems with the muffler. Take the rear baffle plate off and see if it looks ok. Look inside at the plate inside. Is it loose? See this link- http://hondasxs.com/index.php?posts/7640

A

Alvin

May 14, 2015
Louisiana
Thanks. I removed the fuel hose and engaged the fuel pump and straight water poured out. Once I got all the water out, it ran fine.

Reactions: Hondasxs
T

Thelma1994

Feb 11, 2014
Yes I checked fluid levels. I checked hoses for kinks and wires for connections. When I first had the probleum the engine light flashed ant the tempurature light stayed lit. With the key on or off. I unhooked the neg battery cable and reconnected it and that solved that. I took the machine to the shop and they are working with honda on that. I didn't expect the muffler because it was new and only had a few hundred miles on it. When they find out the probleum I'll post it here

Reactions: Hondasxs
T

Thelma1994

Feb 11, 2014
I got a call from the shop where my 2014 honda pioneer is getting fixed. It was the muffler and now they are waiting for a response from honda, to see if they are going to cover the bill or not. They put the big reds engine in the pioneer, why not the muffler too

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!