HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome Scotter
Did this happen just out of the blue?
How many miles you got?
Have you checked it over?
What type of fuel you using? Old/new? Left out in the rain?

S

scotter

Jun 22, 2014
i swamped it changed all fluids and now it starts runs for a few seconds and dies,

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Need to check the fuel. I would change it.
Bet there is water in it.
You need info on finding it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Check the breather hose to insure it is not clogged. take it off here and blow air in it to insure it is clear.

Attachments

• fuel-pump.png
    fuel-pump.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 3,606
S

scotter

Jun 22, 2014
breather hose is clear. unit starts easier when i blow into the breather

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are you sure you did not get water in the fuel?
Siphon all you can out and refill with at least 3 gallons of high test. Run immediately after filling before water settles.

S

scotter

Jun 22, 2014
i will drain the fuel and try that. when it is running it does run smooth though. but just for a short time

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Not sure if you pulled your air filter out and cleaned any water that may have gotten into it. .Doesn't take much water in the fuel to make it act up.You may have gotten water into the fuel line feeding the injectors,it may take awhile to work water out if there's any in there.

S

scotter

Jun 22, 2014
im gonna drain gas and start over just gotta find time

advertisement
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Keep us posted on what you do and find. I did a Ranger for my son's Girlfriend just 3 weeks ago. She had washed and drove it around after but it started acting up. Next day it would start and then die, she asked me if I'd look at it for her.I checked it over and found water in the fuel.Pulled the tank and drained it and cleaned it put in new fuel.Before trying to start it I pulled the end cap off the fuel rail/line and just turned the key off and on a few times untill all I was getting was gas. Put the cap back on the fuel line and it started right up,but took a few minutes to run smooth. I also added half a can of sea foam to help with cleaning the injectors etc:

I forgot to mention that when she washed it she forced water into a frame opening that Polaris puts there gas tank vent into.There was over 1/2 gal of water in the tank.

S

scotter

Jun 22, 2014
drained gas put high octane in and now runs awesome. thanks for the advice

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
scotter said:
drained gas put high octane in and now runs awesome. thanks for the advice
Ok. That's something all us deep runners need to look at. Seems water gets into the fuel tank fairly easy.

I'm sure you have plans to snorkel it now. When you do be sure to into how water got in to the tank and report back.

Thanks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
.....Seems gas gets into the fuel tank fairly easy.

Usually goes in easiest for me if I take it to the gas pump, card comes out of my wallet somewhat reluctantly.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek said:
Hondasxs said:
.....Seems gas gets into the fuel tank fairly easy.

Usually goes in easiest for me if I take it to the gas pump, card comes out of my wallet reluctantly.
Hahahah.. lol..
Ya, if you loaning your card. I'll let you put some in mine too.

Fixed it. Lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I coulda fixed it but pointing it out seemed like more entertaining route.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Thats good to hear you have it running again. No doubt the water entered in through the vent hose ,if you look at the placement of it along the frame under the seat you'll see that it hangs fairly low.I've repostioned mine and have also added a filter onto it to stop dust from getting into the tank.Getting in water above the fuel cap is going to allow water to get into the vent tube. I know that the cap doesn't leak on mine because it never leaks any gas out when its full and splashing around while driving with a full tank.

A

Alvin

May 14, 2015
Louisiana
New to club. My son drove our brand new Pioneer into a ditch and swamped it. Towed back home. Air box full of water so I drained and cleaned it, replaced filter. Checked oil and was full of water so drained and replaced three times with new filter. Fuel had water so drained and refilled it. Removed spark plugs, cranked several times then replace with new plugs. Now it cranks but wont run unless I spray starter fluid but stops immediately. Help please.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!